dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hi Bravesfan,

Thanks for the update on your new phone.

I was wondering if you were using the stock battery with your Incredible?

Also the screen size always baffled me with the IPhone. Now don't get me wrong I don't want to carry around a tablet in my pocket. I work construction so I want my phone to have a chance of surviving in my pocket. That was why I went with the Incredible in the first place over some of the larger screens at the time. It just seems now that the screens are getting larger without as much borders therefore not dramatically increasing the overall size of the phone. Which is why I don't understand why the IPhone still uses the 3.5" screen. I played with one at the store and the display is amazing but it is still 3.5".

Look forward to hearing more from you after the honeymoon is over with your IPhone.

Well considering it is the 4s and not the 5, I didn't expect any changes hardware wise to the device, other than the camera and processor. Yeah it's a smaller screen, but it is sharp, much sharper than our Incredibles. I was surprised that the screen is 3.5", I always thought mine was 3.5", but was happy to find out it was 3.75" lol.

As for battery, whether he was using the stock or an extended, the battery life on the Incredible just plain stinks. I don't know about you, but when I buy a phone that's supposed to have a slim profile, I don't want to add to it with an extended battery, and I strongly believe most consumers don't want to go that route either. Apple has figured out battery life and this is something Android has yet to figure out, hopefully this changes with ICS though.

kck

Reaction score
Well considering it is the 4s and not the 5, I didn't expect any changes hardware wise to the device, other than the camera and processor. Yeah it's a smaller screen, but it is sharp, much sharper than our Incredibles. I was surprised that the screen is 3.5", I always thought mine was 3.5", but was happy to find out it was 3.75" lol.

As for battery, whether he was using the stock or an extended, the battery life on the Incredible just plain stinks. I don't know about you, but when I buy a phone that's supposed to have a slim profile, I don't want to add to it with an extended battery, and I strongly believe most consumers don't want to go that route either. Apple has figured out battery life and this is something Android has yet to figure out, hopefully this changes with ICS though.

Jeez sorry,
But for my comparison sake it does matter if Bravesfan is comparing the IPone to the stock battery which is absolutely horrible on the Incredible or comparing it to an extended battery which would make the IPhone battery that much better in MY mind.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Jeez sorry,
But for my comparison sake it does matter if Bravesfan is comparing the IPone to the stock battery which is absolutely horrible on the Incredible or comparing it to an extended battery which would make the IPhone battery that much better in MY mind.

Wasn't trying to give an attitude at all, sorry if it seemed like it. Just giving my opinion on the battery :)

Jumped a little early to conclusions and I have no right to answer for him, but that's just how I feel about the battery. Extended or not, the battery life on the Incredible is horrible. Even with an extended battery I still would think the iPhone gets better life. I mean to buy an extended battery just to make it through the day would seem frustrating, at least for me. When I buy a phone at these prices, I expect it to make it through the day with moderate use, this phone barely pulls it off. On a heavy use day this phone won't even last me 5hrs. For example, my battery is at 34% right now and I've done light browsing today along with say 50 text messages, and my day started at 9am today, it's not even 6pm here. Stock battery and properly calibrated, bit annoying to be on battery watch. I also use setCPU to have it run at lower speeds when the phone is in sleep mode and under a certain battery percentage.

Again, just giving my input on the battery life and how Apple has pretty much mastered it. This is something Android needs to address with ICS coming out. Not trying to start an argument:)

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Hi Bravesfan,

Thanks for the update on your new phone.

I was wondering if you were using the stock battery with your Incredible?

Also the screen size always baffled me with the IPhone. Now don't get me wrong I don't want to carry around a tablet in my pocket. I work construction so I want my phone to have a chance of surviving in my pocket. That was why I went with the Incredible in the first place over some of the larger screens at the time. It just seems now that the screens are getting larger without as much borders therefore not dramatically increasing the overall size of the phone. Which is why I don't understand why the IPhone still uses the 3.5" screen. I played with one at the store and the display is amazing but it is still 3.5".

Look forward to hearing more from you after the honeymoon is over with your IPhone.

Yes, I was using the stock battery, but even with an extended battery, I doubt that the battery would outlast this iPhone battery.

My phone was in my pocket at work the other day (stocker at a grocery store), didn't touch it at all. When I got to work, I put it in my pocket at 85% battery life, I took a break 2 hours later, and my battery was down to 11% without me touching it at all. When I took my phone off the charger in the morning, it would go from 100% to 90% in less than 2 minutes.

Today with my iPhone, I played on it in 2 of my 3 classes and my free hour at school today (Probably should have been paying attention...), and it this was pretty heavy usage (played Infinity Blades, facebooked, and sent about 300 text messages and my battery was at about 60%. This was from 7.30-1.15. This wouldn't be great if I did anything, but Infinity Blades is a very high quality game (best game on any phone I've EVER seen).

The screen does feel a little small after having my Incredible, and playing my game (holding the phone sideways), I would always be pressing just a bit outside the screen because that's what I was used to. So I think that the screen will take some getting used to, but the colors and everything are just extraordinary. The colors are very crisp and everything.

I'm glad they updated to the 8mp camera. I compared my Droids and my iPhones, and they both take very good pictures. I got rid of my digital camera after I got my incredible because the camera is so good, and the iPhones is just as good.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Nice to know you got your 4s, Braves. My parents got theirs recently and I've been messing around with it when they aren't, slick device. Runs smooth, and Siri works much better than I thought it would, I can say I am jealous.

As for quality of the phone, I have to say the iPhone's build far exceeds anything else, though I have to check out the Razr for myself. Our Incredible feel cheap especially holding it after you get your hands on a iphone. But I can say I got the bigger screen now:D

Yeah the apps are mostly paid apps, but the difference is they're usually better quality. Apple's strict hold on their appstore means only quality apps come out to it.

I just updated my parents iPhones with the latest update of iOS so make sure to do that to fix any battery issues.

It's a great phone, just don't like the OS or how limited it feels, especially out of the box. I can say after a couple days of messing around with the iphone that I like it more than I used to (it's the hands on time with devices that really change perspective). The OS is a ton easier to navigate for the non-savvy to navigate on than on Android and I didn't see any hiccups in it, other than Siri. The lack of customization and freedom is what turns me away from Apple products though. I'd pay a pretty penny if Android came out with hardware as high quality as the iphone 4 though. I'm not gonna lie either, first day with the new iphones in the house I spent a good 5 minutes just admiring the hardware; simple, clean, sleek, and luxurious. I don't see why other companies haven't caught up to the quality in their hardware yet. My parents put a case on each of theirs and it just kills the look, absolutely kills it. Makes it bulky and just ruins the simplicity of it, like having a victoria's secret model wear a turtleneck and sweatpants :D:D:D

You won't get a hard time from me. You're a quality member on this board and helpful, especially in this Incredible section of the board which seems to be on its last legs. As long as your happy with your choice then our opinions towards your phone of choice shouldn't matter. I'll never switch to iphone, but again I can see why people like their products, it's seamless, easy to use, and covers pretty much all daily needs and some (especially with Siri). Heck, maybe one day you'll be back on Android, but even if not you're one of the rare people who can respect both camps and have a meaningful opinion between the two camps, unlike the "fanboys". Just check in every once in awhile:)

Thanks Dezy! I've loved being apart of this forum with such a quality member as you (and trust me, I'll definitely be around).

The phone is definitely very slick. I got a case as well (incipio), and these cases are slick as well. I have the white iPhone, and the cover I have is a soft gel black cover, with a harder white shell over that (looks very nice).

The quality of these apps is so much better (especially the games), and while I hate paying for them, you pay for what you get. Most of them far outstrip Android apps in terms of quality.

This phone is very simple to use, and it's not very difficult to make the switch over, however there are a few things that do take a while to find and to tinker with.

I like your Victoria Secret reference :icon_eek:

But as for build quality, the iPhone is the Lambo of cars, while the Android phones are like the... Erm... Older volvo's hahaha.

I very much intend to come back to Android someday, especially if they make the phones sleeker and better battery, and battery is the biggest factor for me, since I use my phone all day (except at work), and I need a phone to get me through the day.

Good to hear from both of you!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hopefully the overhaul with ICS uses the battery more efficiently. Guess we'll see when the Nexus drops in the next couple of weeks, of course the matter is still subjective. Doesn't help that you used to use arguably the worst battery life phone too.

As for cases my mom got generic plastic ones with designs. My dad went for the Speck case that holds cards, a little bulky but your phone will be well protected. Plus if you go to the gym or anything you can easily carry your ID/gym card/credit card without bringing your wallet too. If for some crazy reason I do switch to an iPhone, I'd leave it without a case, looks way too nice.

Both iOS and Android have alot in common now, especially compared to when they first came out. I won't be able to live without my widgets though :p

Have fun with your iPhone. It's a great phone and my parents both said they'll never switch back to dumb phones, lol. Considering I'm the "go to" person in my house for electronics, I had to learn my way around iOS and it wasn't as bad as I thought, but of course I have more negatives against it. The one major thing I don't like about Apple products is they're limited to one itunes account, that really is the deal breaker for me. Had it been a bit different I might be on an iPhone forum right now...but I'm Android for life now:hail:

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Hopefully the overhaul with ICS uses the battery more efficiently. Guess we'll see when the Nexus drops in the next couple of weeks, of course the matter is still subjective. Doesn't help that you used to use arguably the worst battery life phone too.

As for cases my mom got generic plastic ones with designs. My dad went for the Speck case that holds cards, a little bulky but your phone will be well protected. Plus if you go to the gym or anything you can easily carry your ID/gym card/credit card without bringing your wallet too. If for some crazy reason I do switch to an iPhone, I'd leave it without a case, looks way too nice.

Both iOS and Android have alot in common now, especially compared to when they first came out. I won't be able to live without my widgets though :p

Have fun with your iPhone. It's a great phone and my parents both said they'll never switch back to dumb phones, lol. Considering I'm the "go to" person in my house for electronics, I had to learn my way around iOS and it wasn't as bad as I thought, but of course I have more negatives against it. The one major thing I don't like about Apple products is they're limited to one itunes account, that really is the deal breaker for me. Had it been a bit different I might be on an iPhone forum right now...but I'm Android for life now:hail:

I'm the go-to person with electronics around my house right now. Both my parents still have phones that aren't on data packages, and so does my sister (she may be switching to a blackberry soon), and my brother who has an iPhone 4 lives in Dallas. So all technological questions land with me.

I do think you could make an argument between the Incredible being a little better than the Thunderbolt on battery however :p

As for the widgets, it takes getting used to, I didn't have all that many, but I had a fair few on my phone, but I suppose I'll have to live without right now. It stinks not being able to see random FML's on a widget, but I s'pose I can just open the app and browse around on there.

And I didn't know that they were limited to 1 iTunes account? That never came up when I browsed literally hundreds of sites trying to decide between Android and Apple, but I guess I'll live with that seeing as I only have one iTunes account myself.

One of the biggest things I'll have to live without, is downloading free music. Apple won't let those into the market, so it looks like I'm stuck paying for music. To be fair, I downloaded the 500+ songs I had on my Incredible to my iTunes, and then to my iPhone, but now when a good new song comes out :money:

For the most part, I'm satisfied with my phone at the moment. There may come a time when I'm unsatisfied and I'll sell it on Craigslist, and switch back to my Incredible until the Nexus comes out, but I'm not forseeing that in the near future. The quality of the apps has me in a strangle hold right now...

Good day all

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm the go-to person with electronics around my house right now. Both my parents still have phones that aren't on data packages, and so does my sister (she may be switching to a blackberry soon), and my brother who has an iPhone 4 lives in Dallas. So all technological questions land with me.

I do think you could make an argument between the Incredible being a little better than the Thunderbolt on battery however :p

As for the widgets, it takes getting used to, I didn't have all that many, but I had a fair few on my phone, but I suppose I'll have to live without right now. It stinks not being able to see random FML's on a widget, but I s'pose I can just open the app and browse around on there.

And I didn't know that they were limited to 1 iTunes account? That never came up when I browsed literally hundreds of sites trying to decide between Android and Apple, but I guess I'll live with that seeing as I only have one iTunes account myself.

One of the biggest things I'll have to live without, is downloading free music. Apple won't let those into the market, so it looks like I'm stuck paying for music. To be fair, I downloaded the 500+ songs I had on my Incredible to my iTunes, and then to my iPhone, but now when a good new song comes out :money:

For the most part, I'm satisfied with my phone at the moment. There may come a time when I'm unsatisfied and I'll sell it on Craigslist, and switch back to my Incredible until the Nexus comes out, but I'm not forseeing that in the near future. The quality of the apps has me in a strangle hold right now...

Good day all

Yeah I just helped my aunt the other day with putting music into her phone. Unfortunately you can only sync the iPhone to one iTunes and it won't let you move files from another computer to the iPhone, was a pain in the butt, but you'll just have to sync the iPhone to the new computer/iTunes. Just by my time trying to figure that out is the main reason why I don't like Apple products, I mean you can't even upgrade your computer OS without running into this problem, luckily it was just music I had to move over.

As for Incredible vs Thunderbolt, I don't think that's a competition anyone wants to have LOL

Nexus is rumored to come out either Nov. 17th or Nov. 24th right now, still up in the air....hoping it's the end of this month.

richkev

Reaction score
I just received the 2:3 update, so it must br rolling out, again.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

paulhusker

Reaction score
I'm getting the offer to update to 2.3 tonight. Should I do it? I read on HowardForums that someone posted that it doesn't erase the settings for the Free Wifi Hotspot.

ddbake

Reaction score
I just received the 2.3 update about time

paulhusker

Reaction score
I downloaded it. So far so good....seems smoother & there r some different looks to some commands

paulhusker

Reaction score
I downloaded it. So far so good....seems smoother & there r some different looks to some commands. It kept the free wifi hotspot intact

paulhusker

Reaction score
For some reason I had to re-install my DroidForums app

uscharalph

Reaction score
Gingerbread Update

My DINC on FROYO was acting funny sometimes. The update to 2.3.4 which I received tonight has got my phone running much better.