2.3 Update

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
2 days till I cab update my phone :) still having trouble on deciding where I should go though. It's between the razr and the 4s. I'd love everybody's comments on which I should get. But please
have a reason and don't be an imbecile... Thanks! :)

The most incredible, incredible!

Timar99

Reaction score
razr..why? cause the hell yeah with apple that's why

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

thejellolegend

Reaction score
I'm going with the 4s when I update in January. Before anyone hates, here's why. I absolutely love android but my experience with it has been less than amazing. There are so many different versions of android running on so many different phones it makes updates buggy and few and far in between. Also buying any type of accessory for a phone is a lot more difficult because there are so many different devices and each have their own manufacturers brew of the os. Apple has proven to be stable and offer quick response to any issues with their devices. I'm not waiting six months longer than some other guy with a different android device for an update. I'm going to take a break from android and let it develop more, in two years I bet apple can't touch it, as of now though there's to much fragmentation.

Timar99

Reaction score
I agree with the android bug issues...the 1.2 processor is pretty slick though, plus the razr just looks so rad

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't place a lot of stock in what a VZW rep tells you. They're often the last to know about updates.

absamide

Reaction score
My Droid Incredible got the 2.3.4 OTA update and has caused me to wish I had rooted it and turned S-off previously. Now I am less happy and can't seem to find a good alternative yet.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Ok all, I figured out what I'm going to do...

Today, I ordered the iPhone 4s (64 gig) just to see what all the hype is about. I want to be completely sure that droid is the phone for me, and to do that I have to see it from both sides.

If I don't like the iPhone, then I have 14 days to ship it back in (hopefully by which time the Nexus will be able to be pre-ordered), and that's what I'll switch too.

However, I may end up liking the iPhone, and then I'll probably keep it.

I want everybody to know that I'm not abandoning Droid, but by the time I can upgrade my phone again, Droid will have completely surpassed Apple. I just don't want to be completely one sided on arguments for Droid. So I'm looking at both sides.

I'll continue to post on here and help people with their problems, and I hope that most of you will at least be able to treat me the same.

I've loved my time on this forum, and right now, my intention is to send the iPhone back when I can pre-order the nexus. But who knows what'll happen.

Good day to everybody, and you haven't seen the last of me :D

kck

Reaction score
Ok all, I figured out what I'm going to do...

Today, I ordered the iPhone 4s (64 gig) just to see what all the hype is about. I want to be completely sure that droid is the phone for me, and to do that I have to see it from both sides.

If I don't like the iPhone, then I have 14 days to ship it back in (hopefully by which time the Nexus will be able to be pre-ordered), and that's what I'll switch too.

However, I may end up liking the iPhone, and then I'll probably keep it.

I want everybody to know that I'm not abandoning Droid, but by the time I can upgrade my phone again, Droid will have completely surpassed Apple. I just don't want to be completely one sided on arguments for Droid. So I'm looking at both sides.

I'll continue to post on here and help people with their problems, and I hope that most of you will at least be able to treat me the same.

I've loved my time on this forum, and right now, my intention is to send the iPhone back when I can pre-order the nexus. But who knows what'll happen.

Good day to everybody, and you haven't seen the last of me :D
We will be expecting some good feedback Bravesfan LOL. You will be an excellent source for some unbiased reviews. I am sure there are many of us who would like to at least try it for two weeks to form our own opinion but I think we can count on you for some very helpful feedback.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
We will be expecting some good feedback Bravesfan LOL. You will be an excellent source for some unbiased reviews. I am sure there are many of us who would like to at least try it for two weeks to form our own opinion but I think we can count on you for some very helpful feedback.

:) I'll be as unbiased as popular. However I think this forum has made me biased haha.

Nah, I hated reading all the reviews from fanboys, apple and Android, so I could never get a really clear picture on what I wanted to do. So this will be the least biased comparison you'll ever read :D

The most incredible, incredible!

drtnsnw

Reaction score
My wife has an iphone 4 and it is a good phone. But I hate it! It is so controlled it drives me nuts. Hope you like it more. The way I put it to my wife is an iphone is a smartphone for dumb people
Chris

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
My wife has an iphone 4 and it is a good phone. But I hate it! It is so controlled it drives me nuts. Hope you like it more. The way I put it to my wife is an iphone is a smartphone for dumb people
Chris

Yeah, I know they're really easy to learn and use. And I never really had any problems with my Droid, except the occasional black screen, and random turn off. And I would never diss droid. I just want to try it and see how it works. Plus... Hopefully I'll be able to send it back and pre-order the nexus :D

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah, I know they're really easy to learn and use. And I never really had any problems with my Droid, except the occasional black screen, and random turn off. And I would never diss droid. I just want to try it and see how it works. Plus... Hopefully I'll be able to send it back and pre-order the nexus :D

Parents just got their 4s in and I been teaching them the past two days. The only thing that impresses me about it is siri. Its alot more useful and helpful than I thought it would be and I wish an android app worked very much like it. Yeah I know there is vlingo and assistant which I do have but neither of them work as easily.

Other than tthat I'm personally not impressed. Some features like Find my iPhone are nice since they're built-in, but everything else my Inc can do...and on a bigger screen :p

After using it myself pretty much the past few days I can definitely say the iPhone is a great phone but there's only so much it can do. It feels limited and the feel of the os itself feels dated. They definitely took the notification bar from android and polished it up a bit. All in all its a good phone but I can definitely now say I will never switch or consider an iPhone, I love the freedom with android and how each phone really is unique tto the user.

Sent from Droid Incredible via Droidforums app