2.3 Update

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I downloaded it. So far so good....seems smoother & there r some different looks to some commands

Why? What happened?

My DINC on FROYO was acting funny sometimes. The update to 2.3.4 which I received tonight has got my phone running much better.

Good to hear! Glad to see Verizon rolled out the update.

uscharalph

Reaction score
I had to reinstall a few apps, not a big deal for the increased performance.

MadDroid

Reaction score
I had to reinstall a few apps, not a big deal for the increased performance.

What kind of apps did you have to reinstall? I'm debating on whether or not to update since there seemed to be issues with the September release. I'm sure this is a revised version of the one that gave people problems, but I'm skeptical all the same.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

jfunk

Reaction score
Are there any reports out yet about what condition this update is in? Is it patched up to be in better condition than the September release or is it the same thing?

My wife's phone got the September release and constantly gets out of space now and has to delete her texts and such. Seems like many of the core android services have a larger memory foot print on it. I never got the update offer until this morning, not sure if I should accept it or not.

kck

Reaction score
I installed the 2.3.4 update this morning and I must say the increased performance is quite impressive and it seams to have gotten rid of the annoying ( when you open a web page it would always jump back to the top of the page every time you go to a new page. It took about 12 minutes total an I am happy so far .

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes I also got mine this morning, the 2.3.4 is so sweet, phone is smoother, faster, just all around better, feel like I got a new phone, booting up takes 5-7 sec which is ridiculously fast, only thing is I had to download some apps I had moved to my SD card, which was no big deal, so this is Gingerbread:), nice.

Takami826

Reaction score
What kind of apps did you have to reinstall? I'm debating on whether or not to update since there seemed to be issues with the September release. I'm sure this is a revised version of the one that gave people problems, but I'm skeptical all the same.

I had to reinstall Go SMS pro, Foursquare and Facebook. Twitter looks odd now, but it's probably just some random default widget. I also lost my People Widget and my clock widget. Nothing insanely dramatic but frustrating at first.

The ring volume screen looks different and sounds different. I don't know if it did anything to my custom ringtones yet. The power bar icons look a little different. And the notification icons look different. Nothing dramatic there either. Just tweaked and the initial WTF WHERE'S MY STUFF reaction.

Takami826

Reaction score
Agreed. No hype needed as a VZ Tech informed me this morning that there will be NO update for the Dinc. 2.2 is what it is. So if you hear people getting 2.3, then they rooted the phone. The Dinc is done as far as updates go according to VZ

Your tech was wrong. I don't root. I got a msg last night about the update. It was pushed to me... 2.3.4

But it IS interesting to see some considering the iPhone. I am not due for an upgrade for another year and tech lust conflicts to much with my frugality but I, too, have been kicking around considering an iPhone... I LOVE droid and love android but I am tired of the screen freezes, the glitches and getting nowhere going to verizon for help and getting nowhere most times. I would think they should/would know more than an internet forum but obviously not LOL!!!

Waveraider

Reaction score
OK. I just got an update and after it finished it said successfully updated to version 4.06.605.3. Is that the same as 2.3.4.?

Gundcow

Reaction score
SIGH! I updated mine this morning and I lost about 10 aps. I removed them from my desktop and started reinstalling them from the phone (wouldn't work from the website oddly enough) and they are all working just fine. The only thing I am confused about now is that my system notifications are coming through differently in that they are now black and white. When I say system notifications I mean my gmail notification and the download notifications. That's what I have noticed so far. Anyone else?

jfunk

Reaction score
OK. I just got an update and after it finished it said successfully updated to version 4.06.605.3. Is that the same as 2.3.4.?

This is concerning. That's the version number for the old September update that was pulled. I haven't done mine yet, but it says it's 87MB, not the 8MB that is being reported.

I'm thinking maybe those of us that never got the September update now need to install that first and then there will be second update from 4.06 to 4.08 pushed.

Gundcow

Reaction score
Mine also as the software number 4.06.605.3 for what it's worth...

Gundcow

Reaction score
You aren't really "losing" the apps tho, so that's good. All you have to do is go back into the market on your phone and re-download them. All of the settings and levels seemed to still be there (ie I lost Cut the Rope, Angry Birds x3, Cardio Trainer etc.). Just reinstalling them should save them :icon_ lala: