2.3.6 Now has a root method!

Saimonmarley

i have a prolem... try to deactivate the usb debugging i have the usb on the port enter *din-don* active than i have activate it and *dod-don* deactivate?? where is the problem? is this a problem whit the usb ports or debbuging mode?

Last edited:

Dave315

Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper re-rooted my phone with no problem at all. I don't use it for a mobile hotspot, so I don't know whether that is affected. I primarily use it for Titanium Backup -- which had a minor problem with the re-root but fixed (though a quick reboot was also required).

Once you root your Razr, I strongly recommend Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper along with Titanium Backup. Both are great little apps.

rachelequinn

Rooting aDroid Razr with 2.3.6.

Can you PM me of list the steps and links. I have tried with what is have managed to find and nothing seems to work.....
I have managed to root before 2.3.6, but kids allowed the Verizon update before I put in a protection ROM.

Rooted with no problem. Did titanium backup. Do I need to do a nandroid backup? I don't plan on flashing any roms

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

rvmclaughlin

New to rooting.. I have been reading up on it. I got my new Razr the other day and I used Dan Rosenberg's method to root a few days ago. I knew, only because I read it somewhere, that you wouldn't be able to do the system update on a rooted phone. So, what I am reading in the post, just want to confirm, is that since I rooted with Dan's method, I can just hit the system update on my phone and I should be okay? This is the first time I am hearing of the VooDoo app. I guess I should install that. Just seems to simple, what did I over look?
Thanks

New to rooting.. I have been reading up on it. I got my new Razr the other day and I used Dan Rosenberg's method to root a few days ago. I knew, only because I read it somewhere, that you wouldn't be able to do the system update on a rooted phone. So, what I am reading in the post, just want to confirm, is that since I rooted with Dan's method, I can just hit the system update on my phone and I should be okay? This is the first time I am hearing of the VooDoo app. I guess I should install that. Just seems to simple, what did I over look?
Thanks

Yes install voo doo root keeper. Stay on stock rom and don't remove stock apps and you will be able to update. The root keeper will allow u to keep root after update

Tsip85

You mention not to remove stock apps, but I'm interested in rooting my Razr MAXX to get rid of all the bloat ware. Will I still be able to do OTA updates if I root, install VooDoo and remove some of the Verizon junk that I don't want/need? I'm comning from a rooted Droid that I flashed many ROMs on, but I don't really want to alter my Razr yet, just get rid of stuff to free up memory and possibly speed it up a tad or save a little battery life.

You mention not to remove stock apps, but I'm interested in rooting my Razr MAXX to get rid of all the bloat ware. Will I still be able to do OTA updates if I root, install VooDoo and remove some of the Verizon junk that I don't want/need? I'm comning from a rooted Droid that I flashed many ROMs on, but I don't really want to alter my Razr yet, just get rid of stuff to free up memory and possibly speed it up a tad or save a little battery life.

U can root, but from what I understand u can't remove bloat ware. Think u can freeze apps but remove

Tsip85

Even through root explorer, I can't remove apps I don't want? I already have Root Explorer installed, but I can't do anything with it besides view the files because I'm not yet rooted.