2.3.6 Now has a root method!

Saimonmarley

Reaction score
i have a prolem... try to deactivate the usb debugging i have the usb on the port enter *din-don* active than i have activate it and *dod-don* deactivate?? where is the problem? is this a problem whit the usb ports or debbuging mode?

Last edited:

denpad2010

Reaction score
worked in my first attemp thak you very much ....now whats next,i guess is bootstrap am i right???

Dave315

Reaction score
Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper re-rooted my phone with no problem at all. I don't use it for a mobile hotspot, so I don't know whether that is affected. I primarily use it for Titanium Backup -- which had a minor problem with the re-root but fixed (though a quick reboot was also required).

Once you root your Razr, I strongly recommend Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper along with Titanium Backup. Both are great little apps.

rachelequinn

Reaction score
Rooting aDroid Razr with 2.3.6.

Can you PM me of list the steps and links. I have tried with what is have managed to find and nothing seems to work.....
I have managed to root before 2.3.6, but kids allowed the Verizon update before I put in a protection ROM.

casper05lly

Reaction score
Is the USB connection supposed to be on charge only when doing this

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

casper05lly

Reaction score
Rooted with no problem. Did titanium backup. Do I need to do a nandroid backup? I don't plan on flashing any roms

rvmclaughlin

Reaction score
New to rooting.. I have been reading up on it. I got my new Razr the other day and I used Dan Rosenberg's method to root a few days ago. I knew, only because I read it somewhere, that you wouldn't be able to do the system update on a rooted phone. So, what I am reading in the post, just want to confirm, is that since I rooted with Dan's method, I can just hit the system update on my phone and I should be okay? This is the first time I am hearing of the VooDoo app. I guess I should install that. Just seems to simple, what did I over look?
Thanks

casper05lly

Reaction score
New to rooting.. I have been reading up on it. I got my new Razr the other day and I used Dan Rosenberg's method to root a few days ago. I knew, only because I read it somewhere, that you wouldn't be able to do the system update on a rooted phone. So, what I am reading in the post, just want to confirm, is that since I rooted with Dan's method, I can just hit the system update on my phone and I should be okay? This is the first time I am hearing of the VooDoo app. I guess I should install that. Just seems to simple, what did I over look?
Thanks

Yes install voo doo root keeper. Stay on stock rom and don't remove stock apps and you will be able to update. The root keeper will allow u to keep root after update

Tsip85

Reaction score
You mention not to remove stock apps, but I'm interested in rooting my Razr MAXX to get rid of all the bloat ware. Will I still be able to do OTA updates if I root, install VooDoo and remove some of the Verizon junk that I don't want/need? I'm comning from a rooted Droid that I flashed many ROMs on, but I don't really want to alter my Razr yet, just get rid of stuff to free up memory and possibly speed it up a tad or save a little battery life.

casper05lly

Reaction score
You mention not to remove stock apps, but I'm interested in rooting my Razr MAXX to get rid of all the bloat ware. Will I still be able to do OTA updates if I root, install VooDoo and remove some of the Verizon junk that I don't want/need? I'm comning from a rooted Droid that I flashed many ROMs on, but I don't really want to alter my Razr yet, just get rid of stuff to free up memory and possibly speed it up a tad or save a little battery life.

U can root, but from what I understand u can't remove bloat ware. Think u can freeze apps but remove

Tsip85

Reaction score
Even through root explorer, I can't remove apps I don't want? I already have Root Explorer installed, but I can't do anything with it besides view the files because I'm not yet rooted.