2.2 Update maybe not so bad

smadaus

Reaction score
To help clear up some questions on the 2.2 update.

Froyo a bit about that: :greendroid:
What Is Froyo?

The apps to SD card:
Android 2.2: Install Android Apps to SD Card | Android Tapp. Android App Reviews

The "apps to SD card" perk of the update is a little bogus though because the designer of each individual app needs to allow their app to run off the SD card. So not all apps will transfer over to the SD card, actually very little at the moment are capable of doing so. So when they say you can now save apps to your SD card they just mean its possible to do so but the designers of the apps must allow the app to run off the SD card first before you can save it there.
:lifting:

TheOldFart

Reaction score
There is definitely a lot of good in the 2.2 update. I like the new home screen and the 5 screens, along with other features. However, some people have had new problems with the latest update, some minor and some significant. Fortunately, any issues that I have had I have found a workaround for them. Those who seem to have greatly decreased battery life are not so fortunate.

OP
S

smadaus

Reaction score
Personally, once I got rid of the advanced task killer I was fine. It runs pretty good, and I am still waiting on a couple more apps to become SD card ready, but other than that I can't really complain.