Froyo App to SD Feedback

alkaholic

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
As my non-Rooted Droid and I (all 15 free MB of it) get ready to be able to move some of my apps to the SD card, I was hoping from some feedback from you hearty souls that are already running 2.2. Prior to the "pre-release" of 2.2 there was a lot of discussion about performance drop-off should a user be running apps from the relatively slow SD card that shipped with the Droid.

In the hopes of saving myself some painful trial and error, have you all found that any apps suffer for being moved over to the card?

Thanks!

Ae0187

Reaction score
As my non-Rooted Droid and I (all 15 free MB of it) get ready to be able to move some of my apps to the SD card, I was hoping from some feedback from you hearty souls that are already running 2.2. Prior to the "pre-release" of 2.2 there was a lot of discussion about performance drop-off should a user be running apps from the relatively slow SD card that shipped with the Droid.

In the hopes of saving myself some painful trial and error, have you all found that any apps suffer for being moved over to the card?

Thanks!

All I know is if you have a widget it woulnt work if you move the app2sd

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

2.2 is faster even when not overclocked. I think this "slow performance" thing is in people's heads. ;)

I have however used apps2sd and I can't say I see a significant improvement. Of course the reason for that may be because I'm overclocked to 1 ghz.

One of the many reasons I'm not going back to stock.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The memory card is no slouch as far as speed goes while launching apps from it, as someone said before if it is an app that has a widget that you use associated with it, it should stay in the system. If it has an icon that you keep on the homescreen it will take a few seconds to refresh that icon upon a reboot. Also not all apps can go to the SD card the ones that cannot will have the option blacked out, when an app can be moved to the SD not the whole thing is moved there, if it is 2.6MB you might have 623KB left in the system, I am guessing this is the "Launch Point" All in all it is a good concept but not as nice as having 8GB of internal memory. You will still have to manage your space quite tediously

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
2.2 is faster even when not overclocked. I think this "slow performance" thing is in people's heads. ;)

I agree, this is not Star Trek....

Reaction score
The memory card is no slouch as far as speed goes while launching apps from it, as someone said before if it is an app that has a widget that you use associated with it, it should stay in the system. If it has an icon that you keep on the homescreen it will take a few seconds to refresh that icon upon a reboot. Also not all apps can go to the SD card the ones that cannot will have the option blacked out, when an app can be moved to the SD not the whole thing is moved there, if it is 2.6MB you might have 623KB left in the system, I am guessing this is the "Launch Point" All in all it is a good concept but not as nice as having 8GB of internal memory. You will still have to manage your space quite tediously

I agree, this is the only problem with the droid, The low internal memory. One of the reasons Im kind of happy I got a defective camera with a pink screen... Im holding out till the droid 2 launch and for Asurion to start providing the droid 2 as replacements for the droid 1... I sureee hope. Im just speculating because I would compare a droid 2 to a droid 1 more than an incredible or an X in terms of equality and all. If it happens I have the shipping time to un-root... and if it doesnt... Ill upgrade my other line and get a galaxy S, Sorry Moto but that 4inch screen is sooo perfect.

Sorry got off on a tangent... I for one was very disappointed with the app2sd implication. Maybe just because not too many apps offer it yet, but I still have only 60mb after moving everything I could. My games I have installed on sd card, work perfectly fine no lag.