There Will Be An Update to 2.1

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I missed that post and I also got hooked in you guy shenanigans. Because I had already got the 1/8 drill bit out and had it to my drill ready to go to town. I was ready boy.
I was following these steps:
[video=youtube;x_bS_c82wmA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_bS_c82wmA]YouTube - How to insert a drill bit into a cordless drill[/video]

jk on the dril part.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
to be honest i thought there was an app that turned the on screen launcher into like an on screen trackball. Want to clarify before i get booted out the RS over those comments and the vid of a drill lol. Can see DF thinking of me as a liability risk.

mantis5

Reaction score
The virtual trackball can be to install to the SD card.

When booting into recovery, choose "unicorn mode".

down, left, left, up, left, right, T K B

*important this will cause you to lose root and future OTA updates will come with an AOL install CD.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

*important this will cause you to lose root and future OTA updates will come with an AOL install CD.

I am trying it now; will let you know when it works.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It Worked!!!!!!...the droid is so much cooler now. I am never getting rid of it.:icon_ banana:

Joker

Reaction score

I tried this but all I could find when I booted in recovery was "konami mode"

Please help :unsure:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I noticed in another thread that there is "Activation of Color Trackball"
How do I install the trackball so when the update comes it will have color?!?!?!

Just install it like any other app, I used Astro from the market to install my trackball.

My understanding is that the trackball is going to have to wait on 2.3 for when we get the anykey. That 5th softkey is supposed to really make things easier for installing difficult apps like the trackball that requires a press of anykey to continue on to the Colorization Activation mode of the Trackball.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Just install it like any other app, I used Astro from the market to install my trackball.

My understanding is that the trackball is going to have to wait on 2.3 for when we get the anykey. That 5th softkey is supposed to really make things easier for installing difficult apps like the trackball that requires a press of anykey to continue on to the Colorization Activation mode of the Trackball.

Now that you mention that, I think the trackball itself can be downloaded from shadier sites, but requires manual install of the anykey, which voids your warranty and has a 94.356% chance of bricking your phone.

It also comes with 18 home screens, 4D app drawer, and Flash 20.3.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I noticed in another thread that there is "Activation of Color Trackball"
How do I install the trackball so when the update comes it will have color?!?!?!

Bah mine was starting to get wonky (how am I not surprised motorola, you failed me yet again...) so I just went ahead and bought the Incredible Droid because T-Mobile sucks in my area.

I'm really enjoying my virtual joystick, it's really soft and smooth. I'm having a lot of fun playing with it all day. Sometimes it gets stuck so I have to use oil to make it slippery again, then I use a tissue to wipe the extra gunk off. It's a lot shorter than the Nexus One's but it's not about the length right it's how you use it, and I def know how to use this virtual joystick!. Too bad you guys don't have a virtual joystick like my Incredible, otherwise you would have played with yours all day too :D

Sent from my Incredible using my Virtual Joystick.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
From Droidlife:
Android 2.2 Auto-Updates Apps?

On 04.22.10, In News, by Kellex (online)

Yep, Android 2.2 is more than officially upon us. We showed you our analytics which pegged Android 2.2 testers cruising our site and now we’ve got photos from “official testers.”
Notice anything mind blowing about that photo? AUTO-UPDATE! Instead of getting 5 app update notifications per day, that can now all just happen in the background. Thank you Android.
Source: 4Chan

If I am Motorola I shut down my twitter/ facebook pages. Cuz people are already tired of 2.1 lol.

MarkDriod

Reaction score
I dont understand about color trackball for on Driod or we talk about on Nexus one??? :blink::blink::blink:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I dont understand about color trackball for on Driod or we talk about on Nexus one??? :blink::blink::blink:

This whole thread is jokes and speculation. Don't take too much of it seriously...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk