2.1 on the DROID - an early view

Status
Not open for further replies.

appdaddy

Reaction score
Really hoping that they include the 3D widget "drawer" That cube scroll looks cool. Also, I kinda want the live wall paper.... something about messing around with your wall paper really appeals to me :D

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Shoot I had to Super Glue some on , just to have some to shave off .:motdroidhoriz:
Acetone burns .:motdroidvert:
2.1 the chest hair OTA . :icon_ banana:

Slipstream

Reaction score
I've been running the 2.1 leak for about a week now, and it seems to be slowing down a little.

I've installed Advanced Task Killer for the first time on this phone. Seems all types of things start running unprompted.

Lagging badly during some phone call initiations and hang ups.

Anyone else experiencing this?

It sucks, because it cleared up the Microsoft Outlook Web Access issues for me and my work email on this update, but the lag is getting too much to work with, and I already bought Touchdown to do the work email if I have to go back to 1.5.

Blah...

This is probably why they haven't released it yet, and why it failed testing.

diverbelow

Reaction score
I've been running the 2.1 leak for about a week now, and it seems to be slowing down a little.

I've installed Advanced Task Killer for the first time on this phone. Seems all types of things start running unprompted.

It sucks, because it cleared up the Microsoft Outlook Web Access issues for me and my work email on this update, but the lag is getting too much to work with, and I already bought Touchdown to do the work email if I have to go back to 1.5.

Blah...

This is probably why they haven't released it yet, and why it failed testing.

That and talk about adding Skype pre-installed on the Droid and Droid Eris before it gets pushed out.

choklitcow

Reaction score
update coming on the 26th..... well according to this guy Android 2.1 official release date slated for 3/26 - xda-developers

"I work in ATS for Sprint, and according to information I have received, the official release date for the 2.1 update is set for 3/26. So there you go, take it or leave it."

now mind you, he works for sprint but i would image verizon would want to keep up with other carriers and release the update at the same time, maybe even a few days before?

I'll bite and add to the fire:
Droid 2.1 Update Expected End of March | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

Do I hold any of these rumors to be more valid than the ones posted throughout the past months by even this sites news team? No. I just enjoy getting hopes up.

A.Brooks

Reaction score
After watching videos there, that new sholes mod looks sick. Anyone running this?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
After watching videos there, that new sholes mod looks sick. Anyone running this?

There is no sholes mod. There is Drodmod 1.0 which is from (mostly) the same group of people. I've been running it for 2 weeks now, it works real well.

darkmage54

Reaction score
Hey Guys... One of my friends works for Motorola, and he has the first verison of 2.1 on his phone. It does have multi touch on the stock broswer, as well as much better Gallery to view pictures. his phone only had 3 screens. but he did say that the finish ver. will have more. He told me he can update mine. I'll Keep everyone posted. Thanks.

cabotcat

Reaction score

Blah...

Only running for 2 days at this point but have not experienced the issues you have described. However I went from 2.0.1 not 1.5. Not sure if this makes a difference.

One thing I have noticed though. Oddly enough Homerun 3D does not show up in my Market since 2.1 even though it is a paid ap for me. Odd.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ask him when they are releasing the full version... thanks for the info.

Hey Guys... One of my friends works for Motorola, and he has the first verison of 2.1 on his phone. It does have multi touch on the stock broswer, as well as much better Gallery to view pictures. his phone only had 3 screens. but he did say that the finish ver. will have more. He told me he can update mine. I'll Keep everyone posted. Thanks.

Reefshark

Reaction score
I didn't read the entire post but I'm sure everyone is *****ing about not having 2.1. I have a reliable source that said they are planning on pushing 2.1 to the droid 3rd week in March. Please don't flame me or ask my source. I can tell you my source is someone high up in the industry. Leave it at that. I know most of you are not going to believe me but just wait till the end of the 3rd week this month before you start talking trash.

Wow, What did I say on 3/5. Guess it I was right. All flammers can now insert foot in mouth.

MotoDroid

Reaction score
I didn't read the entire post but I'm sure everyone is *****ing about not having 2.1. I have a reliable source that said they are planning on pushing 2.1 to the droid 3rd week in March. Please don't flame me or ask my source. I can tell you my source is someone high up in the industry. Leave it at that. I know most of you are not going to believe me but just wait till the end of the 3rd week this month before you start talking trash.

Wow, What did I say on 3/5. Guess it I was right. All flammers can now insert foot in mouth.

Ummmm ok, not sure what I'm missing here? Has a 2.1 release date been announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.