Who here still cares about (or is waiting for) 2.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverwing

Reaction score
As the title asks:

Who here still cares about (or is still waiting for) 2.1?

I, for one, could care less at this point. I have my Droid rooted (which any 6 year old could do now, see droid life: a motorola droid blog for his ~feb 25th youtube videos on how to do it), I have all the 2.1 apps that I could want including the updated music player, gallery and the weather/news widget. If I wanted to, I could even run animated wall papers. I can tether and I can overclock - so what do I care if and when 2.1 comes?

How does everyone else feel about 2.1?

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I'm waiting for the maintenance update that will fix the low light video , and if that's included in 2.1 , then I'm waiting for 2.1 .

samiusmc

Reaction score
I'm rooted running BB 1.1 so I have all the 2.1 capabilities. It is worth looking out for since it may include Flash. Also, I read somewhere that 2.1 will improve battery performance. If those 2 are confirmed, it may make upgrading worthwhile. I'm hoping it will be rooted so tethering and overclocking would work. Finally, I read somewhere that the ROM for the HTC Desire is being worked on and will soon be ported for the Droid so upgrading to 2.1 will probably do less for your Droid than custom ROMS do.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I personally agree with you all that 2.1 is pretty much a waste of time at this point, but I have friends that will say otherwise. I know a couple people that really don't use their Droid to the fullest capacity. They have this great device that does so much, when in fact they probably could have stuck with an old Nokia brick phone and played snake all day. For those 2.1 might be something big still, but yeah.. Reality is I have so much more without that update.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Please, Not another 2.1 thread

:closed_2:

Status
Not open for further replies.