12 Gingerbread Features to fill your belly.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
attachment.php

Some thought Google CEO Eric Schmidt might announce Android 2.3 when he appeared at the Web 2.0 Summit last week but that didn't happen. Now Andy Rubin is scheduled to speak at D: Dive Into Mobile on December 6th and everyone is speculating that might be the day for the Android 2.3 announcement.

Androidandme and XDA have dug up some very cool features that Gingerbread is going to bring to the table.

For those of you wondering about an entirely different UI you may be disappointed. There will only be some small tweaks: notification bar at the top of the screen has gone from white to black, the launcher buttons are now green instead of translucent, and many of the native app icons have received a makeover.

Most of the existing native apps will also look slightly updated with tweaks to the styling of menus, check boxes, and radio buttons as leaked in the last Google Maps update. Other small tweaks, as reported by phandroid, include new animations when you swipe across the desktop and when you power off the display.

For the full list of 12 features check out Androidandme and post your comments here. Enjoy your Gingerbread!!

ck

ogbobby4

Reaction score
Well i thought it was going to be a complete overhaul of the UI I thought that's what Google said let me know if I'm wrong.

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
i had thought the market and google music was supposed to be froyo but i guess i had heard wrong

ogbobby4

Reaction score
Well I think I can wait till honeycomb to upgrade still love my rooted droid which still has mega support and I believe features from honeycomb will come to my droid

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think its still up in the air as to what phones will get gingerbread and when but I would assume so.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

swagmonster

Reaction score
Ok I hope so id be pissed if I just bought this then I have to buy a new one the thing tht sucks is no video calls

Droids

Reaction score
Even though the UI only sees minor changes, they will be welcome improvements. All the additional apps discussed in that article sound pretty nice too.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You'll probably have to go back to stock if you're running a rom but I think the update will do the unrooting for you. At least that's how its was with me and 2.3.2

swagmonster

Reaction score
Will I lose everything I have done with root or will it just get rid of su and set settings back to stock

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anybody find it kind of weird in the article, the video for the new market/browser, that the video feed was coming from a Mac? That's blasphemy!!!

JohnAP2

Reaction score
I, for one, never expected a complete overhaul. After all - an update has been coming out every few months as it stands now...

Dan_08

Reaction score
I love the music sync with iTunes and the new market feature, but now when I'm at work I'll searching for new apps.

Also happy there was no major overhaul to the UI, I like the way it is now.