[Rumor] Nexus Program Changing to Allow Other OEMs; LG Optimus G Nexus in November

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Google-Nexus-logo-full.png

If these latest rumors pan out, then all of our previous rumors about a new Nexus program from Google, and the new LG Optimus G coming out as a Nexus device are starting to coalesce into a realistic shape. First up, Android 4.2 is supposedly going to be officially announced in November at a co-sponsored event between Google and LG. At this same event, LG is expected to announce the new LG Optimus G Nexus device. This will be the first in a new Nexus program from Google.

This is apparently the culmination of previous rumors earlier in the year suggesting that Google would announce a new Nexus program in which all 5 manufacturers will be able to participate in a Nexus program, instead of the exclusivity program that is currently in place. Supposedly, this new Nexus program will actually be announced before the LG event. Industry insiders are saying that Andy Rubin will likely share details about the new Nexus program at the AllThingsD: Dive into Mobile conference at the end of October just ahead of the LG product announcement.

Along with these rumors, we have some additional info regarding the newest Android 4.2. First, most of the intel suggests that it will be still be called Jelly Bean, and that they are saving Key Lime Pie for Android 5.0. Additionally, here's a quote with some additional details on Android 4.2:

From what we are hearing, Android 4.2 is a rather small update. It includes improved power management, a new version of the Google Play store, some new features geared towards the Nexus program, and lays some groundwork for Android 5.0. We are told the UI is basically the same as Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, but the homescreens are now shown as tabs.

Probably the most interesting feature of Android 4.2 is this so-called “customization center.” We speculated that Google would introduce some kind of official theme manager back with the Android 4.0 release last year, but it never appeared. If Google implements this feature like we think, it should allow users to choose between the stock Android experience or a more customized skin from the manufacturer.

We have to admit that all of us here at the HQ are definitely keeping our fingers crossed that these new rumors turn out to be true. Share your perspective.

Thanks for the tip, tgyberg!

Source: Androidandme

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I would love a Moto Nexus. IF it is a TRUE Nexus.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

4low4fun

Reaction score
cobravnm13 said:

Second that! With an unlocked boot loader!

Sent from my DROID4 using Eclipse 1.2.5c

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Ok this makes me feel a little better after reading the other article about the Optimus G coming to Sprint and ATT. lol

welsalex

Reaction score

Moot on vzw
1. Unlimited data plan resurrection is in P&D of vzw they are trying to find a suitable plan that will allow customers on the new plan to have it as a higher tiered data plan (most expensive?)

2. unlimited will not be on a single line plan as of now (move people to share everything?)

3. Vzw will he unveiling the VoLTE in spring of 2014 in the following cities New york, Boston, Boise, Houston ect. (Its a long ass list an i am lazy)

Moot on google/moto

1. The new device code name RAZR X (aka nexus) specs are as follows (they are also subject to change at the manufacturers discretion)

1 intel atom quad core 2.0 ghz
2. 5.0 edge to edge true HD display
3. NFC
4. 2 gigs of ram
5. 15 mp rear facing camera with 1080p recording
6. 8 mp front facing camera with proximity face capture for hands free device activation (waking up)
7. Unlocked bootloader (subject to change at manufacturers discretion)
8. Motion an proximity sensors
9. Android 4.1.1 JB upgradeable to android 4.2.1 KLP
10. 3500 mAH Li Ion battery
11. Unconfirmed rumor as of now but comes with VoLTE radios

Sent from my 1.600 ghz 3615 quadrant score ICS .247 DROID BIONIC

COMPLETELY UNSUBSTANTIATED INFORMATION. Just wanted to share what we've been discussing in the Wireless Moot thread located in the Bionic Forum

welsalex

Reaction score
Oh man would that be a sweet phone too! DancingNexus

Join us @ Wireless Moot in the Bionic Forum, If you can handle it muahahaha.... It's an insane thread, but within it lies some great Moot information!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Join us @ Wireless Moot in the Bionic Forum, If you can handle it muahahaha.... It's an insane thread, but within it lies some great Moot information!

I've been in that thread! See the DB in my phone info? That stands for Droid Bionic! :)

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
COMPLETELY UNSUBSTANTIATED INFORMATION. Just wanted to share what we've been discussing in the Wireless Moot thread located in the Bionic Forum

Dude. That would be the perfect phone and I would totally get it. If that's all true, I will be getting it. But, where did that info come from?

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Dude. That would be the perfect phone and I would totally get it. If that's all true, I will be getting it. But, where did that info come from?

Yeah... nvm if it came from sarge. :)