[Rumor] New LG Rumor - The Optimus G Might Be the First LG Nexus Device

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-optimus-nexus-rumor.jpeg

Okay, so here we have another LG Rumor hot on the heels of the previous one. This one is a bit less likely, but quite a bit more enticing. Supposedly, insider sources have pegged the new LG Optimus G as the first LG Nexus device, which might actually be called the LG Optimus Nexus. So, let's break this down... how does this phone sound to you?
  • Quad-core Qualcomm S4 Pro processor
  • 720p True HD IPS Plus display
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 32GB of internal storage
  • 13MP camera
  • NFC
  • LTE
  • AND... stock Android 4.1 Jelly Bean!
Hmmm... I think I feel a nerdgasm coming on. :D

Of course, this is just a rumor, and seems fairly suspect, but there's nothing wrong with a harmless fantasy now and again. Wouldn't it be cool if it came true?

Source: Phandroid

Last edited:

geoff5093

Reaction score
That would be sweet! I just hope the battery lasts a while.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd buy that for a dollar. Of course the possible Nexus mock up of the Xperia T made me change my pants too. Nexus just has that kind of effect.

PBarn

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure why manufacturer's still aren't putting bigger batteries in their devices. Yes, I know this device has 'improved battery life' because it's more 'efficient', but why anyone would want this and not something with the battery life of, say, the Razr Maxx (soon we'll be seeing the Razr Maxx HD...) I have NO idea.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
As my wife likes to say... "ok mr. fact check, you busted my bubble again". Based on this (see below), I have a feeling this isn't true. ;) This is supposedly a "hands on video" put together by LG.

[video=youtube;jBMjoZkAg78]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBMjoZkAg78&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As my wife likes to say... "ok mr. fact check, you busted my bubble again". Based on this (see below), I have a feeling this isn't true. ;) This is supposedly a "hands on video" put together by LG.

[video=youtube;jBMjoZkAg78]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBMjoZkAg78&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

I dont know but which one looks like it will last at least a year and a half that^ or

this
[video=youtube;WBEyaarLwnM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBEyaarLwnM[/video]

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Both should last longer than that. How do you guys treat your phones? :blink:

Anyway, even more excited for the Optimus now!!! :p

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Both should last longer than that. How do you guys treat your phones? :blink:

Anyway, even more excited for the Optimus now!!! :p
No I just notice co-workers with lg phones end up buying a phone in a year.

bluefire7002

Reaction score
hahah my thoughts exactly... With the beast specs on that device + it being a nexus, I would be willing to pay the full retail price on that thing. Especially since I cracked the bottom of my GN's screen :angry: