100,000 Droids? More like 400,000 Droids

RedBull

Reaction score
I work for Best Buy Mobile...and the service plan that covers the Droid covers spillage, but not full submersion. If it gets dropped in a tub, or a pool, we'll check for water damage. It'll get sent in for service and if the internal indicators show submersion, then they won't be able to cover it. The only thing it doesn't cover as mentioned before is theft/loss.

I had an EMT bring me a blackberry curve the other day in 6 pieces. Her ambulance drove over it. We replaced it with a brand new phone and she got a new service plan on it since the old one got fulfilled with the destruction (massive) of her BB.

Whether Verizon will check for water damage...that totally depends on the competence of the people in that store. Some are great...some ain't too bright.

Like it was mentioned earlier...get it in writing. If the person that sold you the phone said that...it won't be honored...

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
RedBull;42243 I had an EMT bring me a blackberry curve the other day in 6 pieces. Her ambulance drove over it. We replaced it with a brand new phone and she got a new service plan on it since the old one got fulfilled with the destruction (massive) of her BB. [/QUOTE said:
That feel good story just makes my leg tingle.

Come on, Best Buy is $10 per month and doesn't cover stolen or total water damage. Good luck proving that your phone wasn't totally submerged, even if it hasn't, to the Best Buy flunky dude who is probably working there between college classes.

For $6 per month, I'll take the VZW insurance which covers lost, stolen, WATER damage or physical damage. You won't have to convince anyone that water drops hit the phone if it was totally submerged in the toilet. So, doing the math: VZW $6 per month = $72 per year; Best Buy $120 per year. There will be the deductible with VZW, but lets hope there won't be an insurance claim anyway, so it is cheaper and you get better coverage in case it does happen. Believe me, there's a lot of people out there who would love to swipe an Android phone....not covered by Best Buy insurance.

RedBull

Reaction score

Umm...of all the times I've seen people post...you're the first one to lower themselves to the level of childish insults. All I was saying was that the person who thought they had that coverage should be aware that it wasn't. I wasn't asking for your little ---- syndrome insults.

I wasn't sellin it...just explaining it. Stick that in your Droid.

RedBull

Reaction score
Oh...and most of the people there are working professionals. Don't denigrate them to satisfy your need to increase your esteem. I'm sure you NEVER worked your way through college in an honest job...I'm sure you were one of those same flunky's that you just spoke of.

Here's a quarter...go buy a clue.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Umm...of all the times I've seen people post...you're the first one to lower themselves to the level of childish insults. All I was saying was that the person who thought they had that coverage should be aware that it wasn't. I wasn't asking for your little ---- syndrome insults.

I wasn't sellin it...just explaining it. Stick that in your Droid.
I meant to go back and edit the quote and delete that. Then I realized once it's posted it can't be edited.

My bad. Sorry. Hope a mod can delete it.

RedBull

Reaction score
Vulcan1600Rider;42284 I meant to go back and edit the quote and delete that. Then I realized once it's posted it can't be edited. My bad. Sorry. Hope a mod can delete it.[/QUOTE said:
No problem...I blew a little hard after that...but that's because I love the job I do...we take care of people...we don't screw them. Yes we're in business to make money...but not take advantage of our customers. If we did that...we'd end up like Circuit...a website. I have never seen a carrier of any type cover full submersion without a steep financial penalty. I just wanted the person from earlier to be aware...that coverage is just tough to come by. If someone gets lucky cuz the carrier store didn't check...that's cool by me...

If a Mod wants to edit/delete my responses to Vulcan...please feel free to.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Vulcan1600Rider;42284 I meant to go back and edit the quote and delete that. Then I realized once it's posted it can't be edited. My bad. Sorry. Hope a mod can delete it.[/quote said:
No problem...I blew a little hard after that...but that's because I love the job I do...we take care of people...we don't screw them. Yes we're in business to make money...but not take advantage of our customers. If we did that...we'd end up like Circuit...a website. I have never seen a carrier of any type cover full submersion without a steep financial penalty. I just wanted the person from earlier to be aware...that coverage is just tough to come by. If someone gets lucky cuz the carrier store didn't check...that's cool by me...

If a Mod wants to edit/delete my responses to Vulcan...please feel free to.
Ditto if a mod wants or will delete my stupid comment to Red Bull.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Thanks gentlemen for settling that like adults : )

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm callin discrimination!!! if that were two women I'm sure someone would have filled a tub with jello by now LmAo

kpiskin

Reaction score
Going back on topic....anyone have any idea total sales numbers to date?

kpiskin

Reaction score
This article says the same thing and 1M units sold could be within a few days. Not too shabby within one month.