Droid Sales marching towards 1 million

ltfrakes

Reaction score
LOL 928! Apple has inspired a whole new generation of Applenazis with their i-phones. I'm not anti-Apple, I just get a kick out of the "we're different, we're better, you're stuck" thing that is the Apple branding mantra.

Hmmm, am I doing that with Android? Perhaps a little, but the key with Droid and the others running AOS is the open source code, and its non-proprietary format. I can see the TV spots now:

(D) "Hello, I'm a Droid..."
(A) "And I'm a i-phone"
mac-pc.png

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I don't really dislike Apple either, I respect their success... But I do dislike the "closed nature" of the way they do things. Of course that does make for smoother running products by keeping out the "roque" apps, it's just not for me.

But in the end I like an "open" platform better, even with the potential downsides.

nemesis

Reaction score
not a true comparison

a lot of ppl are asking iphone to droid sales questions... lets not forget the droid is only sold in the US... while the iphone numbers are worldwide so you cant truly compare unless you compare US to US which i dont know if its avail for iphone...
just my 2cents...
:motdroidhoriz: DROID!!!!!
:motdroidvert:

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
I don't much care who urinates furthest in the sales contest. Droid does what I want it to, and it does it well. And it has great support in the development community. I expect Cyannogen will make it even better in the next few weeks. If you like your Droid, donate. That is what will keep fresh apps coming our way. If you like an app, donate, or buy the paid version when offered. This keeps developers able to donate their time to development.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I don't really dislike Apple either...

Same here, I mostly dislike the elitist attitude of people who choose to use their products.

ltfrakes

Reaction score
Attached is a chart showing various OS use in the US market.

Attachments

• admob_share_oct09_us.png
    admob_share_oct09_us.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 328
Reaction score
Attached is a chart showing various OS use in the US market.
That graph shows a nice even increase for Android, which is awesome. Bad thing that it's only current to November which was before the Droid, Eris, and Moment (and possibly even the Hero) . I'd like to see a version of this chart that is current today :D. BTW, does anyone know when the Hero released? Was it before or after this chart?

jahtv98

Reaction score
Love my Droid. I refuse to change carries for a device that will not allow me to make/receive call (thats what cell phones are for). Droid came to the rescue with VZW.
BUT I am not going to lie though and I feel a lot of people here are somewhat "lying" about Apple. Apple makes excellent products and we all gotta admit the Iphone is a great device. We are blogging and hating about how "close-minded" Apple is and how we like Android to have an opened platform, etc. Let's be honest, whenever the Iphone comes to VZW, most of us will run and make the switch to an Iphone, then blog how great the Iphone is now because of its network and completely forget how "closed-minded" the OS is.

Droid is the best device I have ever owned and I am completely content with it. I just like to keep it real.

My 2 cents =)

ltfrakes

Reaction score
I agree jahtv98, Apple does make great products, and let's not forget who developed this new market. Clearly it was Apple. So my hat is off to Steve Jobs, but I know a number of i-phone users who are very frustrated with both Apple and AT&T. Personally, I'm just happy there is now a competing product that is on a better network. Thanks.

jahtv98

Reaction score
I agree jahtv98, Apple does make great products, and let's not forget who developed this new market. Clearly it was Apple. So my hat is off to Steve Jobs, but I know a number of i-phone users who are very frustrated with both Apple and AT&T. Personally, I'm just happy there is now a competing product that is on a better network. Thanks.

Very true. I was so happy when I heard VZW was finally releasing a good competition for the Iphone. They tried really hard with the Storm, didnt quite work out. The Droid is as good as the Iphone on a better network

kilo

Reaction score
As much I want to see the droid community grow in popularity, I have to say there is a TINY part of me that doesn't want the droid to go hugely mainstream and sell massive amounts. It sort of takes a little away from the exclusivity of having such an advanced phone if every idiot is running around with one having no idea what to do with it. Us techies can feel a little cool if we are the only ones who understand enough to use this phone to its true potential.

Anyone else feel like that at all or am I just being selfish? :\

ltfrakes

Reaction score
I don't know about selfish kilo, but I do think the Droid and Android have sparked with a lot of folks...present company included. I think I'll just sit back and enjoy the ride.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Well....to but the numbers of Droids sold in a different perspective, according to CNN Blackberry shipped a record 10 MILLION phones last quarter!!! Dang!!

Yeah, I know that includes a lot of different phone models and the Droid is just one model, but that is a lot of phones in a 3 month period!!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anyone else feel like that at all or am I just being selfish? :\

yur just bein selfish!!!:mad: im an idiot but i'm havin a great time with my droid!!! you big ole meanie!! :rofl3:

dantrona

Reaction score
Thats also another reason I don't like the iPhone, they mainstreamed it, the Droid is an amazing phone (yet to recieve, but lots of reading done) and its so advanced your able to stand out and look like the proud geek you are. not a joe schmoe.