Zagg shield bubbles question

twilliams161

Reaction score
Just installed a Zagg shield on my Eris, kept it off about 16 hours, but it still has quit a few small bubbles in it. I hate to think I'd have to re do that whole process, any chance they will go away over time? Anyone have any similar experiences?

Detonation

Reaction score
The bubbles will go away over time. I think the site says it takes 48 hours for the skin to "set" but I stopped seeing mine in about week.

Also, this waiting has nothing to do with the phone being off, they just suggest you leave it off to make sure any water than got inside during installation is gone.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had an invishield on my iPhone. Some of the bubbles disappeared in a few hours others took several weeks.

Mike

MJ5150

Reaction score
DonHo.jpg

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just installed a Zagg shield on my Eris, kept it off about 16 hours, but it still has quit a few small bubbles in it. I hate to think I'd have to re do that whole process, any chance they will go away over time?
Yup. Do not try to reapply it. You'll just make the install much worse.

Gage2502

Reaction score
Just installed a Zagg shield on my Eris, kept it off about 16 hours, but it still has quit a few small bubbles in it. I hate to think I'd have to re do that whole process, any chance they will go away over time?
X2
I tried that already and messed up the Zagg so I had to throw it out. What a waste of $25.

Detonation

Reaction score
X2
I tried that already and messed up the Zagg so I had to throw it out. What a waste of $25.

Even though the Zagg Warranty says it doesn't cover application error, they won't question you when sending it back. As long as you return all the pieces, they will send you out a replacement for $4 (shipping fee).

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I got my whole droid wrapped and it took several days for it to be crystal clear.
Sorry for off-topic, but does it feel "sticky" when your holding it? Or is it nice?

The Zagg Shield isn't "Sticky" but it has more of a texture and rubber feel causing your finger to get stuck more often than with your screen being naked. I recommend Steinheil Crystal screen protector. No water to deal with on installation and has a lot better of a feel to it.

I have owned a Zagg sheild and i will never go back to one after having the Steinheil.

mynamesjose

Reaction score
I got my whole droid wrapped and it took several days for it to be crystal clear.
Sorry for off-topic, but does it feel "sticky" when your holding it? Or is it nice?

It does take some getting used to at first but, I do prefer it. Havn't had it slip once out of my hand. I was a tad annoyed at first because the film was alittle cloudy at first but after a few days it is crystal clear. It does it's job very well.