Zagg Shoutout

buckfill

Reaction score
I'm not sure what forum it was, but I read some negative things about Zagg. I have to say I've used them since my first Droid and ordered one for the Inc. I started to get skeptical about my purchase after reading some of the reviews, but i must speak up! Mine arrived today. I was almost upset that i even ordered it after reading some of the reviews. I put it on today, and I must say I continue to be a huge Zagg fan. Visually, I can't even tell the thing is on there. Physically, it does have a different feel than standard glass, but NOTHING even remotely close to the orange peel verbiage that is going around.

I am VERY rough on phones and had to replace my Zagg only twice. Both times was simply because of damage i imposed on it. It never once gave away from the edges, bubbled or anything. I would say it is as close to milspec as anything I've seen. A lot of times if you "ding" the screen with your keys within a day or two the screen will "self heal". I've only had a couple occurances where a nick or mark was left on the screen and I ended up just replacing it. Once again, TOTALLY my fault. I can't imagine what damage that would've done to the natural glass.

Anyone that says the naked screen won't scratch is foolish. It does and that is what turned me onto a Zagg fan. I am a hunter and this past fall I got some sandy dirt in my coat pocket where I kept my droid. Within the first hour I pulled my droid out and about fainted. Tons of dirt was in my pocket and the droid was merrily rolling around in it. My screen imo was ruined! I couldn't believe the scratches on it. I lived with it for about a week and decided to get a zagg protector to keep it from getting scratched any further.

Long story short, I put the zagg on and not only did it protect from getting scratched, it BEAUTIFULLY hid the existing marks. I could not and cannot see them to this day! Beautiful!

So, for all the "can't scratch" fan boys that live life in khaki's and coffe shops... I say to you that it CAN scratch. To the rest I say PROTECT your screen!

RPA-DROID

Reaction score
I've used ZAGG on all my BB's and had really good luck with them - but am hesitant to use them on the Dinc. My BB Storm had a screen - the Dinc has an AWESOME screen and I'm worried about changing the clarity. Does it cover the whole front (top to bottom) or just where the screen visually is? I actually have some on order before reading negatives on this type of device and wasn't sure if I should send them back or try them out...

OP
B

buckfill

Reaction score
I've used ZAGG on all my BB's and had really good luck with them - but am hesitant to use them on the Dinc. My BB Storm had a screen - the Dinc has an AWESOME screen and I'm worried about changing the clarity. Does it cover the whole front (top to bottom) or just where the screen visually is? I actually have some on order before reading negatives on this type of device and wasn't sure if I should send them back or try them out...

Yes. It covers the entire glass face minus the scroll button. As far as clarity goes....it looks great. The only advice I have is to make sure you take your time installing the protector. I use their solution liberally. i even sponge the glass on the phone just to get extra coverage. Once I apply it I spend several minutes with the card that ships with the Zagg to squeegy out the bubbles. I try to get every single one out. Whatever you miss will most likely be gone by morning. I put my most recent purchase on last night. This morning I totally forgot about it until I touched the screen. It doesn't have the glass feel, but it still feels great. It really is a great product. Probably overpriced a bit, but it does the job.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Visually, I can't even tell the thing is on there. Physically, it does have a different feel than standard glass, but NOTHING even remotely close to the orange peel verbiage that is going around.
I was a huge Invisible Shield fan (used it on several former devices) until I started using the Steinheil SGP Crystal. I'd say that the Crystal is about as close to glass as you can get. Compared to the IS it has absolutely no texture, no visual distortions (except for whatever finger grease you might put on the protector from use) and doesn't have the drag that the IS does. You should try one out or check out a Droid that is equipped with the Crystal. I'm only using the screen protector though and haven't tried their full body kit.

I wouldn't have called the IS's texture "orange peel" but I have seen photos that do have the orange peel look.

Like many other things, selecting a screen protector (or even deciding to use one in the first place) is a highly subjective matter. If you're happy with the IS then enjoy it!

I've used ZAGG on all my BB's and had really good luck with them - but am hesitant to use them on the Dinc
Dinc? :D

armeddroid

Reaction score
I use Zagg and i am about due to get another shield..its great.
Watched the installation video and the guy had the phone on speaker while installing the Zagg shield and then grabbed keys trying to scratch the hell out of it!
lmao
Good stuff.

Detonation

Reaction score
Zagg isn't a bad skin, but everything thinks its the best because its the only one they've ever used. Take a look at brands like BodyGuardz or ClearProtector...they are often cheaper (BG comes with 2) and I've found them to be much smoother feeling. Same clarity, same protection, same warranty, etc. The Zagg is just little heavier and therefor more rubbery and sticky. For use on a non touch device, they're pretty much all the same, but I prefer the above two I mentioned for touchscreens.

And regarding installation, every brand has their own little way of doing it, but I've found that the easiest way is just submerge the skin in a solution of water and a few drops of dish soap (which is what the Zagg solution is). Shake off the standing droplets of water then just place it on your device and slide it around...it should be plenty wet to move around for a few seconds before it starts to stick. Then squeegee the rest of the water out. This method does cause a little more water on your device than the spray, but if you have your phone off and battery pulled, and then let it sit for 12-24 to dry out, you're fine.

dclutter1

Reaction score
...grabbed keys trying to scratch the hell out of it!
lmao
Good stuff.

The saleswoman at Bestbuy did that to her iphone, which had the zagg protector installed, to sell me on it since I was a little apprehensive about the price. It worked. I'm very happy with the installation, look, and performance of the Invisible Shield.

fullthrottle

Reaction score
the screen protector is great but if you buy the full body shield like I did you will regret it! It doesnt cover the corners or major parts of the phone! I was so dissapointed when I was installing it because I kept thinking that it is probably included when it isnt. Screen protector is good but full body is garbage.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
...but am hesitant to use them on the Dinc...

i'm sure that term has been used elsewhere, but we should make "dinc" the official term for the incredible!

gszeman

Reaction score
Hello.

What is everyone's favorite screen protector for outdoor use? Before I had my screen protector I could use the Droid outside no problem...I picked up one at VZW and it looks great and was easy to put on...but when there is any type of sunlight outside the screen might as well be black...basically I can't use it at all. I'm not sure what brand it is...but it was packaged for VZW and came with three...I'm in need of one that has no glare and will work well outside...it is spring after all :p

Any direction would be appreciated (sorry to post this here, but it seems you are all using several different ones and would know how they perform outside...I did a search and didn't see anything about outside clarity.)

Here is a :icon_ banana: for your troubles!
Thanks,
Glenn

Big Cam

Reaction score
I installed my zagg screen protector yesterday at 7pm and I've had my phone off all day today, it's driving me nuts. Do yuo really need to wait 24 hours before turning it back on?

dclutter1

Reaction score
I think you just have to handle it gingerly until the adheisive cures. I used mine some throughout the day, I just didn't put it in my pocket or anything. I think you mainly have to worry about edge pieces if you got the full cover and the corners of the larger pieces.

armeddroid

Reaction score
I installed my zagg screen protector yesterday at 7pm and I've had my phone off all day today, it's driving me nuts. Do yuo really need to wait 24 hours before turning it back on?

i never turned my phone off when I installed mine.
:]