Zagg Shoutout

WVOz1970

Reaction score
I've never had problems and have Zagg on my Droid and my wife's Alias. I had one on my Omnia before Droid. The only problem on that one was the corners started to peel... that was probably due to me not waiting long enough to let the shield "cure". I've had no issues with peeling on my Droid full body... but iI did let it set a lot longer before using it after applying. Probably 3-4 hours.

I also had a problem with a corner piece tearing on my first shield on my Omnia. Zagg replaced it, no questions asked. I only had to pay a shipping fee and return my old shield.

dclutter1

Reaction score
I kind of wish I hadn't dropped the money on the sheild after seeing some videos on how resilient the screen is on its own. Better safe than sorry I guess.

GodfatherIP

Reaction score
I got the Zagg screen protector and a full body skin but was not really impressed. The installation of the screen protector with the liquid is a pain and it has all the microbubbles that you have to let escape etc. and your not supposed to use it for some amount of time because of the liquid (like other people here I ignored that and didn't have any problems with my phone). The full body skin doesn't cover the corners and my Zagg products turned yellowish after a month or two. Has anyone else had problems with their Zagg products turning yellow? Also for me I did think it had kind of an orange peel feeling that I did not like in comparison to other screen protectors.

As far as other products I've used:
I started with the cheap Verizon 3-pack covers, they never really laid down perfectly and started pealing badly at the corners after about a month.

I tried Zagg next and had the problems laid out above with the yellowing and orange peel feeling.

I switched to the Phantom Skinz after Zagg. They had the same pain in the @ss installation as Zagg but I liked the feel better (it felt smoother to me) and didn't notice any of the yellowing. I pulled it off after a while because I thought I had something under the protector but actually there is like a piece of dust actually under my screen so I should have left it on, oh well. You can't really reinstall any screen protector (at least I haven't had any success trying it) since once something gets on that back side your screwed. I could try to do the warranty replacement but I'd need to find my UPC and mail back the skin and it seems like kind of a pain to get a replacement.

I am now on to the Seidio Ultimate Screen Guard because I was getting an Innocase so decided to try their screen guard too. It was by far the easiest to install in my opinion. All the corners went down fine and I had no peeling. It looks great and feels really smooth. It doesn't seem to self heal as well as the Zagg/Phantom Skinz unfortunately so once it gets scratched up you'll probably want to change it out.

Anyways so far none of them have been perfect but each have their own advantages and shortcomings. I definitely agree you should have some screen protection. As impressive as those youtube videos are of someone trying to scratch the screen with keys, the Droid screen is definitely not scratch proof. My dad accidentally put a big scratch in his somehow and once it's scratched your stuck with it. Maybe I'll try the Steinheil next.

armeddroid

Reaction score
i am gonna try the Stein myself. I like the look of an LCD but as stated, in the sun..rather have non gloss screen protector. Plus no fingerprints and it feels smoother too.

gszeman

Reaction score
gszerman.......Steinheil makes some great anti-glare screen shields.

-Mike

Thanks MJ! I went withdrew zagg...the guy at Best Buy put out on...didn't do the greatest job of it, but it looks good! He told me the phone doesn't need to be "off"...you should just avoid putting a case or anything on that could effect the edges of the skin before it cures. It's been about 20 hours and I haven't had mine off at all during that time...moderate touch screen use, and it looks good!

Sent from my Droid