Your opinions, thooughts, ideas?

Coots

Reaction score
Hello everyone...

Unlocked the bootloader last night. At this point is there really a reason to root? I haven't seen a working wi-fi tether that works yet... and I've also read that 4.0.3 might be released fairly soon. I read and chatted with a couple people that if you put on clockwork recovery instead of stock you won't get the pushed OTA's anymore.

Technically I guess you could download and install the update through clockwork somehow, not familiar with OTA's and whatnot since I've been doing ROM's on the OG since forever ago.

So what's your thoughts? At this point is there a reason to root and put clockwork on? I did the bootloader right off the bat because of having to reset everything, just don't see much of a point for the root yet.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Hello everyone...

Unlocked the bootloader last night. At this point is there really a reason to root? I haven't seen a working wi-fi tether that works yet... and I've also read that 4.0.3 might be released fairly soon. I read and chatted with a couple people that if you put on clockwork recovery instead of stock you won't get the pushed OTA's anymore.

Technically I guess you could download and install the update through clockwork somehow, not familiar with OTA's and whatnot since I've been doing ROM's on the OG since forever ago.

So what's your thoughts? At this point is there a reason to root and put clockwork on? I did the bootloader right off the bat because of having to reset everything, just don't see much of a point for the root yet.

When OTAs come out a dev will modify it so it can be flashed manually. Or devs will build their ROMs based on the OTA so there really is no reason to wait to root, you'll get the update one way or another.

OP
C

Coots

Reaction score
Well it took a lot of arm twisting.... LOL

Unlocked, rooted.... now I'm thinking I'm fixing to put the Revo HD ROM on... just cause I can LOL