Droid X Opinions

yomomma7826

Reaction score
I currently have the original Droid. And I'm reading up on the Droid X, I'm going to be getting it on Black Friday (my original droid is half broken). So I was wondering what you all think of it? I personally love the android operating system. The Droid was the first phone I had with it, and I most likely will never go with anything else. SO lets get all of your guys's opinions on the Droid X. Likes and Dislikes.

I've also been reading up on the rooting precedure, seems quite easy with all of the programs out there, but I came across one article saying that the bootloader hasn't been cracked yet, so this is where I got a tad lost. Does this mean there aren't any fully customizable roms able to run on the Droid X? If someone could possibly tell me what this means it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
-Yomomma7826
Chad

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
keepin it short

love my dx, never used the physical keyboard on the d1 so no looking back for me

only thing different from D1 roms is kernels. you can OC, but with scripts

OP
Y

yomomma7826

Reaction score
keepin it short

love my dx, never used the physical keyboard on the d1 so no looking back for me

only thing different from D1 roms is kernels. you can OC, but with scripts

Yeah, I'm the same way. I use the virtual keyboard 24/7, that is until my D1 got a deadspot straight down the middle of the screen, so now I'm stuck using the hard keybooard until black friday. Lol.

Can you explain the OC to me? I'm a little bit confused.

Natey2

Reaction score
With the DX, you won't need to App2SD as frequently as you would on the D1 ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

musicman

Reaction score
Went from the D1 to the DX and loving it. Extremely easy to root with z4root and as described before it can be OC'd easily. The screen is amazing and it is super fast even without OCing. Simpy awesomedancedroid