Your Droid Physical Keyboard

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Have you had a chance to use both to see which you prefer? Mine is flat, but I have a hunch I'd prefer the raised. Oh well.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I wouldnt be surprised in 2 weeks we see pics of an even newer keyboard with a flash button next to the alt key lol just to piss us off more

OP
NoKz

NoKz

Reaction score
I definitely prefer raised. It allows me to type easily. And the keyboard backlight bug wasn't a problem for me because I could feel the keys easily.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been talking to my coworker about this since yesterday and I've come here to take a poll.

My coworker got his droid on launch day, build 41/09. I got mine 3 weeks later, build 44/09.

His physical keyboard is flat. My physical keyboard letters are individually raised. My friend and her husband got their droids yesterday and both of their keyboards are flat. So does anyone else here have a raised keyboard like mine? :blink:

Edit:

Oh wow!! What a difference! Does it feel any different on the raised keyboard?

EDIT: Looks like someone beat me to that question already. That's pretty nifty!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Mine is sort of in between. I had actually checked raised until I saw that picture. Mine has little "bumps" in the center of most keys. You can feel them, but they are no where as pronounced as the ones in the picture.

joshua117

Reaction score
mine are flat too:dry:

it would be interesting to know why there is a difference. if i could ask did you both buy them around the same time? got mine when they first came out, i wonder if they changed later on.

JCo352

Reaction score
i checked raised too but i have to change my vote now that i see the pics, mine aren't as flat the ones in the pic but definitly not as raised as yours, but mine says 44/09 also

OP
NoKz

NoKz

Reaction score

it would be interesting to know why there is a difference. if i could ask did you both buy them around the same time? got mine when they first came out, i wonder if they changed later on.

Yeah, in the 1st post I stated I bought mine about 3 weeks after he got his. His was made 41/09 and mine was 44/09. On the droid, the 1st number is the week of the year and the 2nd is the year.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Guess all of the previous posts about raised keyboards were true. I'm alotta pissed right now. I want a raised. Maybe I would actually be able to use the keyboard.

bronx finest

Reaction score
Mine is flat, I was hoping to get one of those nice keyboards I saw pics online of (the raised) when I purchased mine, but when I opened the box I was disappointed.

It's ok though, the screen makes up for it :D

Ghostwheel

Reaction score

Yeah, in the 1st post I stated I bought mine about 3 weeks after he got his. His was made 41/09 and mine was 44/09. On the droid, the 1st number is the week of the year and the 2nd is the year.

After a cursory glance, I couldn't find that info on mine. I'm assuming it's either inside the battery cover, or on the box..?

OP
NoKz

NoKz

Reaction score

After a cursory glance, I couldn't find that info on mine. I'm assuming it's either inside the battery cover, or on the box..?

It's under the battery.

porcelain

Reaction score
I'm jealous of that keyboard! I wish mine wasn't flat. I just got my Droid last week. The date on it is 01/10. My keyboard is completely flat.

bizfox

Reaction score
My keyboard is raised as well. Build 45/09... okay to type on, but I'm a lot faster on the virtual one (Swype)...

TripL

Reaction score
My keyboard is flat too. That raised one does look it would be easier to type on. Oh well most times I find myself typing on screen in portrait anyway.