Your Droid Physical Keyboard

DroidCoug

Reaction score
Mine is sort of in between. I had actually checked raised until I saw that picture. Mine has little "bumps" in the center of most keys. You can feel them, but they are no where as pronounced as the ones in the picture.

Same with mine, it looks flat, but feels slightly raised and not as pronounced as picture 2. I also was a release day Droid with a 42/09. I voted raised though, I use the keyboard all the time, mainly to show off back of screen decal while texting/browsing web. :greendroid:

HeroNova

Reaction score
mine are raised.

I forgot how they were when I first got the Droid, but I bought about a week or so after its release.

Both of my friends who have Droids have flat keyboards

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Just what I thought. The raised keyboard look exactly like the one's on the dummy units in Best Buy.

Are the keys getting any "rub" marks from the slider?

DigiK

Reaction score
Flat vs bumped makes all the difference between whether you enjoy typing on your Droid keyboard or not. The flat keyboard on my second Droid is completely unusable compared to the initial release-day hardware that my buddy still has.

My theory on this is that the raised keyboard was most likely the reference design; but the manufacturer couldn't produce the desired volumes, so a second manufacturer who could produce an inferior design at higher volumes was contracted. If this were a VE thing, you wouldn't continue to see the reference design out in the with newer builds.

View attachment 3556

OP
NoKz

NoKz

Reaction score
Just what I thought. The raised keyboard look exactly like the one's on the dummy units in Best Buy.

Nope, none at all. I'm definitely happy with my keyboard. And I'm definitely glad it's rare. ;)

Last edited:

M1dnite

Reaction score

Nope, none at all. I'm definitely happy with my keyboard. And I'm definitely glad it's rare. ;)

My keys are starting to stick.. I'm scared if i exchange it or anything, then i'll get a "flat" one.

Droidlicous

Reaction score

My keys are starting to stick.. I'm scared if i exchange it or anything, then i'll get a "flat" one.

Yeah my spacebar clicks and so do some of the others once in awhile. Its a little annoying but sometimes the spacebar seems not to work. I have the raised ones and I have no rubbing just a clicking on the spacebar