Yet another Verizon LTE outage????

busab

Reaction score
I lost my 4G signal at approximately 7:57pm and it has yet to return. 3G has been spotty too. I live in Greenville SC. Anybody else experiencing problems?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Relatively stable in/around Philly & PHL Intl.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
busab

busab

Reaction score
Its been out for about a hour and 45 minutes now. All I have is 1x. This sucks. I called Verizon they want me to do a factory reset. But I don't want tl until I know for sure there is no outage.

adavis609

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that...have 4 bars of 4g in state college

OP
busab

busab

Reaction score
Still no 4g. When I do have 3g its VERY slow and still only comes in sporadically. Its been 3 hours. I did the factory reset with no luck. Technical support said there are no reported outages in my area. They said I could have a bad sim card and if I don't have service tomorrow I should go to the store and swap out the card. Right now I'm still on 1x.

Kimo91

Reaction score
I lost my 4G signal at approximately 7:57pm and it has yet to return. 3G has been spotty too. I live in Greenville SC. Anybody else experiencing problems?

I'm down south of you in Goose Creek just outside of Charleston and I haven't had any issues with 4G ever since I got my Razr back in November

Sent from my Rooted and Safestrapped Moto DROID RAZR

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Still no 4g. When I do have 3g its VERY slow and still only comes in sporadically. Its been 3 hours. I did the factory reset with no luck. Technical support said there are no reported outages in my area. They said I could have a bad sim card and if I don't have service tomorrow I should go to the store and swap out the card. Right now I'm still on 1x.

Sounds like a problem unique to your phone. I'd follow the advice of the customer service representative.

OP
busab

busab

Reaction score
The problem seemed to be from the particular tower in my area near where I work. I found a few other people at work that had a bionic, thunderbolt and another Razr and they had the same problems. Now that I am back home I have LTE again.

I hope they have that tower fixed tomorrow.

Reaction score
The problem seemed to be from the particular tower in my area near where I work. I found a few other people at work that had a bionic, thunderbolt and another Razr and they had the same problems. Now that I am back home I have LTE again.

I hope they have that tower fixed tomorrow.

As I was reading through the thread I was thinking it is probably that specific area or tower. Glad you didn't jump on the reset prematurely. That is such a pain. I tend to have some issues where I live too (central PA).

Kimo91

Reaction score
Its been out for about a hour and 45 minutes now. All I have is 1x. This sucks. I called Verizon they want me to do a factory reset. But I don't want tl until I know for sure there is no outage.

Anytime the want me to perform a factory reset I just play along, usually playing fruit ninja on my Razr cause as a former phone repair tech I know a factory reset won't fix data connectivity issues

Sent from my Rooted and Safestrapped Moto DROID RAZR

bhzrd543

Reaction score
Im from NYC and ive been having this problem for about a week now.....3g connectivity is perfect, however 4g has not appeared on my phone for quite some time.

To even get 3g I have to disable "CDMA/LTE" and enable "CDMA" only, otherwise I do not even receive 3g connectivity and its juts a bunch of white bars

anyone know anything about this???

digitalpandora

Reaction score
I honestly don't know whether or not there's an outage or if it's just the usual issue with my phone(s). I am seriously on my THIRD phone now (replacement SIM card as well) and it's still constantly dropping data, and not for short periods of time either. I don't see how this could happen on THREE phones...but I hate the RAZR as a result. I tried to get them to switch me over to the Nexus but they said it's their iconic phone right now and can't be swapped out/up. Ugh.

gerth551

Reaction score
Im from NYC and ive been having this problem for about a week now.....3g connectivity is perfect, however 4g has not appeared on my phone for quite some time.

To even get 3g I have to disable "CDMA/LTE" and enable "CDMA" only, otherwise I do not even receive 3g connectivity and its juts a bunch of white bars

anyone know anything about this???

Sad times in nyc.

Had same issue yesterday and when commuting back to jersey i had no signal whatsoever - only voice. Turning on and off airplane mode and switching between cdma only and back to lte multiple times did not fix it. Had to power cycle and only got signal once i wad near hackensack nj

Right now on bus back into nyc and 4g is blazing away today.