Yet another "forgotten PIN" issue

BH_2013

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've read other threads about forgotten PIN's and it may well be that the hard reset to original factory settings is my only solution. However, my questions are a bit different:

The phone with the problem belongs to a family member and is a Droid Razr M (Motorola XT907). The security method in place is PIN, which SHOULD be 4 numeric characters. She changed it Saturday night, and as of Sunday morning, can't remember what she chose for a new PIN.

I know that with the 'pattern' unlock method, the phone will eventually give you a "forgot pattern" option, and you can unlock it via your Gmail login. However, she has input the incorrect PIN 50+ times, and it's never given her a "forgot password" option. Is this normal (that the PIN has no 'forgot password' option), or is there something up with the phone? Even the Verizon rep thought it should have given her a "forgot" button eventually but I don't think it ever will at this point.

Second, I found an app called "Screen Lock Bypass Pro" with some reasonably good reviews. Basically, you purchase it from your PC, it downloads to your (locked) phone, and then you can bypass the lock screen. Again, reviews were reasonable, but of course, it doesn't work with the Droid Razr M. Does anyone know of a similar program that might be compatible? The similar options at Google Play were of no value, unfortunately, and web searches on this topic just go to YouTube vids telling us how to do a hard reset. At this point, she wouldn't mind purchasing something, just to avoid losing all the apps, settings, etc.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

k_h2003

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've read other threads about forgotten PIN's and it may well be that the hard reset to original factory settings is my only solution. However, my questions are a bit different:

The phone is a Droid Razr M (Motorola XT907). The security method in place is PIN, which SHOULD be 4 numeric characters because I never use more. I changed it Saturday night, and as of Sunday morning, can't remember what I chose for a new PIN.

I know that with the 'pattern' unlock method, the phone will eventually give you a "forgot pattern" option, and you can unlock it via your Gmail login. However, I has input the incorrect PIN 50+ times, and it's never given me a "forgot password" option. Is this normal (that the PIN has no 'forgot password' option), or is there something up with the phone? Even the Verizon rep thought it should have given me a "forgot" button eventually but I don't think it ever will at this point.

Second, I found an app called "Screen Lock Bypass Pro" with some reasonably good reviews. Basically, you purchase it from your PC, it downloads to your (locked) phone, and then you can bypass the lock screen. Again, reviews were reasonable, but of course, it doesn't work with the Droid Razr M. Does anyone know of a similar program that might be compatible? The similar options at Google Play were of no value, unfortunately, and web searches on this topic just go to YouTube vids telling us how to do a hard reset. At this point, I wouldn't mind purchasing something, just to avoid losing all the apps, settings, etc.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

On a phone, the only reason I can think of got the PIN attempts not to ask for your Google creds would be if you had no connection, data or WiFi. So if you elected to have that app installed on the phone and there was no connection it would never get there. Otherwise it doesn't compute. :blink:

OP
B

BH_2013

Reaction score
The phone has had data / internet access for the duration. We have called Motorola support and they have given a few things to try. We'll report back here if any of them work.

As for the app, it's PERFECT for this situation, but simply doesn't support the Droid M at this time. So I was wondering if anyone knew of a similar app that we could try. Thanks again for any input.