WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
XDA Member Files Class Action Lawsuit against T-Mobile and Samsung

Posted by Allen Kiehl on January 14, 2011 30 Comments

court.jpg
MicBeast over at XDA has filed a class action lawsuit again [COLOR=orange ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=orange ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]T-Mobile[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] and Samsung regarding the current rumors of Samsung withholding the [COLOR=orange ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=orange ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]Android[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] 2.2 (Froyo) update for the Galaxy S line of devices. MicBeast has currently hired Edelson McGuire to represent the case. We are still flabbergasted at the tip we received from an anonymous source claiming to work internally at T-Mobile. As we stated in our previous post, although we cannot validate nor deny the alleged rumor, we felt it was necessary to bring it to the forefront. Check out the excerpt from MicBeast below.
They have continuously lied to us about the hardware, and [COLOR=orange ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=orange ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]software[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] reliability of this phone,
they promised us updates (to 2.2! Not the functionally dead JI6 2.1!) over and over,
NOW they plan to release NEW galaxies without updating the old ones they currently have.
The GPS is clearly a hardware defect.
There are just too many issues with this phone and the Customer service reps have been combative even bullying and threatening customers!
a clear violation of US law
We can only hope that this alleged rumor will help Samsung find some time to support their customers better than they have previously and gives the updates the consumers deserve.
What do you think about all these alleged rumors and the lawsuit? Let us know in the comments below.
Via: XDA

Source : Android Spin ,XDA Developers

Side note I understand that the people with samsung phones are upset with slow to no updates being pushed by samsung but really sueing them wOW WHERE DOES IT END SUEING ARE CARRIES FOR PUTTING A NEW PHONE OUT REALLY COME ON WE ALL KNOW SAMSUNG HAS BILLIONS OF DOLLARS & THIS WILL BE HUNG UP IN COURT FOR GOD ONLY ONLY KNOWS HOW LONG .....i AM GUESSING THIS WILL BE HUNG UP UNTIL WE GOT PHONES LIKE THE JETSONS .....FOR OF YOU WHO DONT REMEMBER THE JETSONS WERE A CARTOON BACK IN THE DAY WHERE THERE BRIEFCASES TURNED INTO THERE FLYING VEHICLES BUT IN ARE CASE ARE PHONES WILL BE ARE CRAS THATS HOW LONG IT WILL BE HUNG UP IN COURT FOR

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm all for it. Samsung has clearly lured in customers with the great hardware, and has failed to considerably improve it's horrible software. I'm not a law expert so I don't know if it would be able to hold up against Samsung and T Mobile's lawyers, but at least the community's message is generating some attention. I had never and will never buy a samsung product.

ZaChYmO

Reaction score
Go get em! They will end up settleling in court. These are no times for bad customer service rept. With so much competition out there.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Somebody has to fight the giants on behalf of the little guy. They will rape us through marketing and promises unless they know it may cost them some bad pub. This should be done more these days but we are all "too busy" to do anything. I'm all for it.