Wrong Words Sent By Email

Phil3rd

Reaction score
It appears that the phone thinks it is smarter than me, of course it really is, but that is beside the point. Example I typed "Tahoe" it sent "Table". While I do use the "touch the word I want feature" (faster than me typing it), I wonder how I can override it when I need to?

OP
P

Phil3rd

Reaction score
Proofread

Probably did not proof it. Although once when I was trying to send an email addy, once I hit @ it changed to verbage to the left to something different until I put a "space" after the address and before the @.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably did not proof it. Although once when I was trying to send an email addy, once I hit @ it changed to verbage to the left to something different until I put a "space" after the address and before the @.

Yeah, you got to watch the dictionary. I have someone called appsy in my contacts and every time I put apps in a post it changes it to appsy. It's annoying, I deleted the contact, lol don't know who they were anyway.

Scribble

Reaction score
If you use a lot of slang, and don't want the droid to correct you every time, you might want to add the words to its dictionary.

Silver Member
Reaction score
using the manual entry of the keyboard fixes all of this...

QiG

Reaction score
Autocorrect kills me too... it's almost an exact 50/50 split of useful vs I hate it. I'm inaccurate enough with the small onscreen keyboard that I like where it will finish the word and/or correct it if I hit the space button, but I'm lackidaisical(sp?) enough to not notice when it changes something that I purposely spelled the way I did or I just flat get mad when I can't do something like put two spaces in a row without a period showing up.

Physical keyboard is not an option, I just don't like it and will probably swap the droid if a touch only version comes out.

CatsTide

Reaction score
It appears that the phone thinks it is smarter than me, of course it really is, but that is beside the point. Example I typed "Tahoe" it sent "Table". While I do use the "touch the word I want feature" (faster than me typing it), I wonder how I can override it when I need to?
adding it to the dictionary is the way to go if it's words or slang that you use often but if it's a random word that is not recognized when you get through typing it just tap the word on the left and it will stay whatever you typed. you can also backspace one time and your original word will reappear.