Wow, lot's of problems since 2.1

greyghost04

Reaction score
I'm getting more and more 'forced close' popping up during the day. Sometimes my home screen icons don't appear for a few minutes. What's going wrong????

Reaction score
Ya I seem to be getting those same problems with mine. I have no idea why. I thought it might have been live wallpapers but I turned that off so who knows.

GeLopez

Reaction score
you need to give more details, run it stock for awhile and add/install apps one by one until you find the one giving you the problems.

warrior21

Reaction score
Has anyone done a factory reset? I know it's kind of a pain in the butt but it really doesn't take long at all to set everything back up again. I did one on my phone and my wifes phone because of the picasa issue and neither phone has had any major issues since.

nateccnn

Reaction score
Has anyone done a factory reset? I know it's kind of a pain in the butt but it really doesn't take long at all to set everything back up again. I did one on my phone and my wifes phone because of the picasa issue and neither phone has had any major issues since.

I originally installed the 2.1 OTA without the factory reset. Had some lagginess (coming from a Smoked Glass Rom with 800 mhz OC so it was obvious it would run slower). I then wiped my cache and user data from the stock recovery console. I still have random force closes. It usually happens when I am tryin g to multi task too fast. I think I got used to the OC speeds and need to slow down my finger gestures a bit. When switching from one app to another is when I see most FCs. Or if I am downloading a new app and I try to open it before it is finished installing.

Nate

Reaction score
same here ever since i got the 2.1 update by ''beautiful home'' app and my aim and many other apps have been force closing like crazy.... when is update 2 coming ? lol

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I manually updated to 2.1 but I had problems with the WiFi not able to keep a connection since I got the phone in December of 09 (even though Linksys router was 2ft from phone). When I manually updated to 2.1 - I couldn't get WiFi to work at all, even though it had an IP address and I could ping the phone from my desktop.

Factory Resetting fixed all that - WiFi works beautifully. I haven't noticed any slowdowns before/after tho.

Most of my Droid friends with slowdown problems have hundreds of apps installed. I think that has to be the cause of a lot of Force Closes and Slowdown problems.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I am not rooted and I did the 2.1 OTA. It started out laggy then after a few app updates the performance of the phone seemed to improve. However, over the last week, the performance has gone down the toliet. I have removed most of my apps, I have done batter pulls and finally did a factory reset and yet my Droid does what it wants. It shuts down, its laggy, I get loud static and screaching when trying to place a call, my screen is not responsive. And it is not just my phone, yesterday, my husbands started doing the same thing and he has no downloaded apps. He is as stock as they come. Overall since the 2.1 update, my Droid has sucked. I am almost ready to go back to my other phone. I am totally disappointed with Motorola and Verizon.

artc33

Reaction score
Manually updated mine, I had helix 1 before it and no prob and now its kinda laggy and shows fc's sometimes. Gallery takes a while to load some times, I think I ll do a factory reset.

Benton

Reaction score
I wonder if the issue is applications-installed related since there are such mixed reviews. I personally have not had any of these issues but to identify all that I have versus someone else would be a big wild chase.