Would you trade your MAXX?

PurpleSunday

Reaction score
Do you need data on the whole time? You can setup a smart action to turn off data when your display is off. It saves battery and data usage. You can turn the display on once in a while to check for new emails, etc. Or you could even setup smart actions to do that too at certain intervals if you choose. You'll still get calls and texts with data off.

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
Hey, I just thought of a great idea for people that suffer from upgradeitus. Join a swap-your-phone community where people can trade their phones with others for free. The original owner of the phone always has the option of reversing his trade to get his phone back. The trade transaction can involve a simple contract that details the trade. If it involves a trade of phones with different $ values, then it can involve trade the phone plus the difference in the value. When the trade is reversed, the difference in value gets reversed (ie. I trade my Maxx valued at $200 for a Razr M at $100. The person who trades to get my Maxx also pays an additional $100 for the trade. When I want my Maxx back, I return his Razr M plus the $100). There would also have to be an agreement that if a person ruins your phone beyond repair that their phone is now owned by you.

Ok, so there might be some loop holes to be ironed out but it could work...maybe? Or is it just a crazy idea?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Quite frankly in today's world I just don't trust anyone with such a valueable thing with or with out a contract in place lol.

As far as trade my Razr Maxx for any phone on the market right now?....not a chance. The battery alone on this phone will keep this phone in my pocket over any phone out there right now. Sure there are better phones with some better more spectacular hardware, but while those people are stuck to a charger plugged into the wall by lunch, I'm out and about with out having to worry about my phone not having enough power.

kooshie

Reaction score
I'm happy with my Maxx but I'm always shopping for they next best thing :) I think the Razr M looks nice, except for the battery. I would not however trade for anything that's out right now.

Reaction score
Sorry but I would never trade anything for a Samsung phone. First and foremost my phone needs to be a phone. Samsung radios are horrible in my experience. They feel like a plastic toy. I hate their UI. Battery life is a major step backwards.

So the short answer is...No :biggrin:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, me too... my Maxx is the very first phone I've ever owned where I wasn't feeling the upgradeitus bug. But, I am supposed to be getting my free Razr M in the mail today and I am pretty darn excited to be trying that thing out. My Maxx will be taking a little holiday... or maybe a long holiday.

RicKaysen

Reaction score
Yes, me too... my Maxx is the very first phone I've ever owned where I wasn't feeling the upgradeitus bug. But, I am supposed to be getting my free Razr M in the mail today and I am pretty darn excited to be trying that thing out. My Maxx will be taking a little holiday... or maybe a long holiday.

I got my M two days ago and while I keep telling myself it's the same size screen, the phone feels downright diminutive after carrying the Maxx around. It's a whole lot easier to manipulate one handed, that's for sure. The battery is good, but not as good as the Maxx, but since I recently moved to Manhattan and I just don't need it anymore since I don't have a long train ride to drain it.

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
not sure if this helps, my co-worker has the GSIII, he dropped it from 3' (off a table) screen is shattered. i thought gorilla glass was a little tougher than that.

thegreatone3

Reaction score
I of course I love the Maxx's battery, but I've always been underwhelmed with the Razr's display and camera. Better display, better camera, and Jelly Bean > bigger battery FOR ME. So I would trade if it were me.

charlienyc

Reaction score
it's true, the camera and display are noticeable better on the S3. i tried one for 3 days, upgrading from my Droid X. i wanted to taste something fresh from somewhat boring Motorola.
well, the dropped calls are not just a rumor. i tried to talk to my wife for an hour (was out of town) and it took 8+ calls to stay on the line. eventually, i had to camp out near the window. my DX never dropped a call at this location. that was problem number 1, and a total deal breaker.
the battery life is similar to most Android devices, i.e. not good. that was problem number 2.
i loved the weight and feel of the Samsung. it also looks really good, very aesthetically pleasing. however when you go to use the phone, the problems start. i had been using Swype for text input for a year... i expected to continue or improve from my previous phone. Samsung, i learned, does not have Swype natively. you can download a beta, but it is crippled in comparison. that was problem number 3, and also a deal breaker.
there are definite differences between touch wiz and blur, some good, some bad. yet the other issues put all the nails in the S3's coffin. i returned it and got the RAZR Maxx. yeah, it's heavier, stylistically boring, and predictable coming from the DX. but the battery life alone is enough to make it a far and away a better phone. speaking of phone, far fewer dropped calls made my wife happier!