work email

lorider

Reaction score
thanks for everyone's time and effort here. it has helped me immensely. i even rooted my phone the other day. I have a question about pushing my work email to my phone. i work for a big bank (this means nothing except for the fact it might give you some insight as to the email setup). Can someone pint in me the right direction as to how I can get the work email, even if its through gmail?

thanks

Ivory Bill

Reaction score
Not meaning to be a party pooper, but as a mail admin for a large financial institution I advise you to check your company's IT policies. I know that we restrict both the types of devices and users who are allowed to use non-company provided devices to receive email and/or access any of our network resources. People get *fired* almost weekly for violating that policy.

We are not trying to rain on anyone's parade with this policy; rather it is a security concern. Bank email may contain confidential information and/or trade secrets which could be compromised if the phone is lost. Therefore, we are concerned with device security policies (passwords and encryption, for example) and with making sure that the user notifies us quickly if the phone or device is misplaced.

If you or your device are not authorized, I would recommend that you get authorization before connecting. You will probably have to sign an agreement to notify IT within a certain period of time if you lose track of your phone. I know it sucks, but being without a job sucks more.

Last edited: