Email problems

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
I been having a problem getting my emails from gmail mostly and my others. I have the push email on and I have 1x where I live for my signal. Even with my wifi nothing I went in to new york city still nothing can somebody plz help me get my X back on track

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Assuming you are using the native Gmail app, the solution is normally to, from any home screen, go to Menu/Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Running (or All)/Gmail/Clear Data. Gmail will take a few minutes to re-sync and then your delivery issues should be gone (well, until the next time).

Do you have Google set up to poll your non-Gmail accounts and push those emails to the Gmail app too? If not, you may want to consider doing so as it saves battery power and puts all your emails in one place.

Also have you tried complaining to Verizon about your signal in an effort to get them to deal with you on an Extender? I don't know what their parameters are, but I know some folks with terrible signals have gotten discounts.

Have a good day and good luck with this issue.

clayrebel

Reaction score
Gmail not syncing as well

Hi guys,
This is my first Android operating phone and I absolutely love it.
up until a few days ago, my gmail was being pushed fine. I was receiving notification as usual, then suddenly over the weekend, it stopped working.
I'll have to manually hit "refresh" for the emails to come in.
i tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, battery pulls, force close, clearing data, everything I can think of, but the problem continues.
I did download a whole bunch of games and soundboards, and thinking those were the issue, I've uninstalled them. But the problem is still there.

I have 2 gmail accounts and both have seperate hotmail accounts being forwarded to them.

I feel like if i can't receive emails normally, i can't find a good reason to stick with this phone......
does anyone have an idea what the issue is?...
Thanks,

Ted

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi guys,
This is my first Android operating phone and I absolutely love it.
up until a few days ago, my gmail was being pushed fine. I was receiving notification as usual, then suddenly over the weekend, it stopped working.
I'll have to manually hit "refresh" for the emails to come in.
i tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, battery pulls, force close, clearing data, everything I can think of, but the problem continues.
I did download a whole bunch of games and soundboards, and thinking those were the issue, I've uninstalled them. But the problem is still there.

I have 2 gmail accounts and both have seperate hotmail accounts being forwarded to them.

I feel like if i can't receive emails normally, i can't find a good reason to stick with this phone......
does anyone have an idea what the issue is?...
Thanks,

Ted

I assume you are using the natve Gmail app for all this? If so, let's start at the beginning. From your home screen (not in Gmail) go Menu/Settings/Accounts & Sync Settings. Make sure the options for Auto Sync and Background Data are checked. You can do the same thing in the Gmail app by selecting Accounts/Menu/Account Settings and checking that both options are checked.

In the Gmail app, select More/Settings/Labels/Inbox is set to sync. Mine is set to 4 days.

The Gmail app does seem to have an issue, at least on my phone, where it stops syncing about once every month or two. All I do is Clear Data in Manage Applications and it is fixed. It's been doing that for me for the last 6-8 months.

Good luck.