Word.doc shortcut

ekraus

Reaction score
I am trying to use a shortcut to a word document that I have saved on my memory card.
I have been able to save the document and open it, When I create a shortcut to it and open the shortcut it opens as a plain text document that is unreadable. I have saved the same document as text. It opens and is readable but the telephone numbers in the text file are unusable. Is there a way to create a shortcut that opens a word document?

frankrigor

Reaction score
I cannot figure out how to access anything on my SD card. I transferred a word.docx document from my laptop to the SD card. It's there when I view it using the card as an external memory on my laptop, but cannot access it from the droid itself. Help!

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I cannot figure out how to access anything on my SD card. I transferred a word.docx document from my laptop to the SD card. It's there when I view it using the card as an external memory on my laptop, but cannot access it from the droid itself. Help!

To access files on your SDCard you need an app from the market that will handle file browsing.

Astro and Estrong seem to be very strong apps for this.

Edit: It was stupid of them not to put a file browser on the phone to start with.

bmoons

Reaction score
Thanks.
Any thought on which is better?

i've used neither but i do use OI File Manager and it does the job. what programs are you using to view/edit your documents?

i finally bought Documents To Go to read/edit MS Office docs (i think it supports 2007 [like your .docx] files but i use the 97 standard[.doc]) and it can do everything fine but i also cannot find an option to create a shortcut to a specific file for my home screens. i will try a few shortcut programs and let you all know what i find.