application to view text documents?

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by issues636, Apr 22, 2010.

1. issues636

issues636 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    does anyone know of a program that would allow me to view .txt documents? i don't need anything to create documents, just to be able to read it. i've been doing alot of job applications lately so i wanna have a copy of my resume on my phone with me incase i need dates/phone numbers/etc. i've already downloaded Docs to Go, but i have a mac. so i have Pages, not Word. if i save the file as a Pages document, it won't open on the droid. so i Exported it from Pages to Text Document which makes it a .txt, but it looks like Docs to Go only reads word and excel, it doesn't read regular text documents.

2. jsh1120

jsh1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    According to some posts on the web (sorry, I can't cite the exact source) AKNotepad (available in the market) can read .txt files.

Unfortunately, I don't work with a Mac but I gotta assume there are utilities to translate Pages docs to Microsoft Docs. Would that solve your problem?

3. issues636

issues636 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i'll look into AkNotepad, thanks for the suggestion. and answering your second part, i THOUGHT it would. but it didn't. Pages is able to Export into Text or Word. i exported to Word first, and tried to open it in Docs to Go, and it said "This file cannot be opened because it is not a valid MS Word 97-2008 file" so that's why I decided to just try and go with a text document. I figured it'd be easier to find something to open a text document, then one of the many Word formats out there.

4. Pokebreaker

Pokebreaker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, that's weird. Mine could read .txt's from stock, not sure why now that you mention it.

5. issues636

issues636 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    your Droid reads .txt's with no app? how do you open it though. mine reads it but only if i like, download it from my email or something, it opens it up. besides that there's no way for me to open the file again.

6. allikanbe

allikanbe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can't your mac save it as a pdf file? Docs to go should read it.

7. issues636

issues636 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have the free Docs to Go. so i only have access to Word/Excel, not the other features.

Search tags for this page
android app to open pages files
android app to read .txt files
how to open .txt file on android phone
how to read .txt file on galaxy s3
open .txt file on android
open pages document android

open pages document on android

open pages file android
open txt file in android
open txt files on android