1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How to open and edit text documents

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by gyrobob, Feb 3, 2010.

1. gyrobob

gyrobob New Member

Hi,

I need to have a text document on my home PC that is accessible and editable on the Droid.

I don't care what format it is in -- MSWord or Google Doc or .txt or pdf, whatever. I just need to be able to access it and edit it from the PC and from the Droid.

It would be nice if I could do a word search it from both, but it would be acceptable for me to be able to search for a given word on just the PC like you can do with Word or Windows.

How do I do this? I have made an initial attempt with google apps and with GDocs, but apparently I am not bright enough to figure this out.

Thanks for any help,

Bob
  2. allikanbe

allikanbe Member

I bought Documents to Go from the market. I think it's $10 and worth it. Word, excel, slide show, pdf.
  3. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

I've been using Documents2Go for years on various devices and wouldn't be without it. A very minor caution, however. I've found in a few cases that what appear to be excel spreadsheets (.xls) cannot be opened by Doc2Go. I suspect that they are pseudo-excel sheets created by other programs such as Google Docs.

In any case, native Excel has no problem with them on my computer. If I then save them as true Microsoft documents there and email them to myself, Docs2Go can open and edit them without problems.

Other formats, e.g. .docx may have similar problems.

By the way, Docs2Go also solves the problem of not being able to open and work with attachments that you "preview" in the Droid Gmail application. Once in place, you can preview a document and automatically download it to your phone and edit it with the Docs2Go app.

This avoids the hassle of using your browser to access the Gmail application on the net.
  4. deputc26

deputc26 New Member

I use gdocs but docs2go is vastly more capable.
Search tags for this page
android app to open txt documents
android applications to open txt documents
android how to open an editable txt
app for android to open text documents
droid apps to open docs
how to edit text on a doc on s4
how to open text documents android
how to open text documents on android
open text documents droid

word or text documents on my android