Droid Keyboard shortcut problems

JDROID22

Reaction score
Hello I just got the Droid Ally and Im sure this is probably a stupid question, but when I am texting using the actual keyboard (not the on screen one) and I hit buttons such as "Y" it will shortcut it to youtube. All i want to do is type a message and before I know it, I have 20 applications open from the shortcut keys. Is there a way to turn the shortcut keys on/off?

Thanks!!
Josh

wabieagle

Reaction score
Keyboard malfuntion

I am having the same problem and now can only type messages ussing the touchscreen anytim I flip out the keyboard and type a message p opens my callendar and b opens something else. tThen sometimes when I am typig it the cursor moves back twospaces and starts inserting puushing charaters out of position. I believe programers are forgetting some phone have a real keyboard and we don't want short it's and funky automations unless we spec for it. I call it a dumb or stupid phone, flipping thing thinks it can read our minds and causes more distress than eaasing our lives like the dam thing just now going to another page becase my finger bumped it wrong, luckily going back my message was still here.