1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

pdf viewer

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Amphere, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Amphere

Amphere New Member

I have always used quick pdf to read documents and the nice thing about it is that it would always be where I left off when I opened the document again. However since upgrading to JB it no longer saves my place, it always starts back at the beginning whenever I close a pdf and reopen it later. I've tried several other pdf viewers and some allow you to use bookmarks but none work too well. Does anyone know of a easy way to view pdfs and have then save your location?
  2. leeshor

leeshor Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum

You didn't mention which PDF apps you have tried, Repligo and ezPDF are among the best but not free. You may want to try going to settings - apps - all and find your PDF reader and clear it's cache and restart to see if it starts working the way it did.
  3. eugenerudenko

eugenerudenko New Member

Haven't used much of pdf, but if I'm not mistaken Adobe Acrobat remembers your position when you close the app.
  4. wcjeep

wcjeep Member

EZ Pdf works great with Stock JB on my S3.
  5. Amphere

Amphere New Member

I've tried Adobe, Qpdf, PDF Reader, Radae, Foxit, quick pdf, and others. They all work ok to view pdfs although some are better for text reflow and reading but none will save my place automatically. I have been using Foxit the most, it will allow me to create bookmarks but sometimes the bookmarks are off by a few pages when I reopen a document. Quick pdf always worked through multiple operating systems (HC, GB, ICS) on two different phone models. Currently I have a RAZR and lost the ability to resume reading from where I left off since the jb update. Not sure why jb would cause this functionality to be lost but there has to be a way to turn it back on?
  6. leeshor

leeshor Super Moderator Staff Member

ezPDF always brings me back to the last thing I was looking at.
  7. GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05 Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Best thing to do, like leeshor said would be to clear the apps data and cache. It should return to default settings.
  8. Amphere

Amphere New Member

I have tried clearing the data and cache but unfortunately it did not help.
  9. noodle758

noodle758 New Member

thx for you share.I 'll check all the recommendations.Once I used Adobe Acrobat. but it becomes more and more expensive for public users who haven;t got many pdf files to process. here I would like to share with you the tool Im using now ,it is denefinitly easier to handle.This pdf driver viewer enables you to do a wide variety of ways to edit, alter, enhance and process batch conversion of your pdf files in just a few clicks.You can download the free trail package and have a try.I forget to say this for windows desktop.
Search tags for this page
bookmark pdf browser issue
pdf
pdf reader for s4 forum

pdf viewer forum