Won't power off! HW or SW problem?

D3Gal

Reaction score
My Droid3 will not stay powered off - most of the time it restarts itself within seconds of poweroff. Sometimes, however, it does so after a few hours.

I see that other users have this problem, but not everyone. I was hoping they would fix it with the recent update, but no joy.The phone has been wiped once (for another reason), and that did not help this problem.

Does anyone know if this is a HW problem that could be fixed by getting a different handset?

Or, does anyone know if there's some app or configuration that makes this more likely to happen?

If this is a software problem, I CANNOT BELIEVE they don't fix something so incredibly irritating. Who's prioritizing their bug list, mickey mouse?

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Well if you are powering off, which involves holding the power button down until the menu appears and selecting power down, and then it comes back on, then I'd bet its a hardware problem.

But most likely you probably mean you are shutting off the display and it lights back up, it could be either. There are some apps that will do that and the keyboard opening will as well of course the power button [the volume button also].

If you haven't already, use the forum's search capability and you'll find several threads complaining of this. I'm not sure but I think many of them were controllable.

Last edited: