Wonder why i cant check for system updates gingerbread goign to drop soon ?????

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yea I just decided to check for an update because of I could not sleep & I was bored plus all The rumors going around and after I checked I got the old "Service Unavailable" last time this happened the 7/8 update happened the next day so could a new ota be on the way???

smart999

Reaction score
Yea I just decided to check for an update because of I could not sleep & I was bored plus all The rumors going around and after I checked I got the old "Service Unavailable" last time this happened the 7/8 update happened the next day so could a new ota be on the way???

Yep I just checked it said service unavailable. We might have new update soon

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

runrhinorun

Reaction score
Still have not received the 7-8-11 update reboot fix update....

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Word on the street is, if you want to root...better do it soon.

sent from my bolt

Faithfill

Reaction score
You can download the update from androidpolice site. I did since it wasn't pushed to my phone.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Word on the street is, if you want to root...better do it soon.

sent from my bolt

why is that bro what have you heard

Supposedly Gingerbread is in Phase 2 testing, part of the update will stop all of the current methods of rooting your phone. If true, better root before it's released if you intend to.

It is strange they would do that since they have officially stated they will no longer lock down any of their phones. And they are beginning to unlock some of those that are locked.

Ambushbug

Reaction score
why is that bro what have you heard

Supposedly Gingerbread is in Phase 2 testing, part of the update will stop all of the current methods of rooting your phone. If true, better root before it's released if you intend to.

It is strange they would do that since they have officially stated they will no longer lock down any of their phones. And they are beginning to unlock some of those that are locked.

That's really two different things though. Stopping the current methods of rooting is really a security fix. Yes, it can be used for rooting but for more malicious purposes as well. Doesn't mean they won't unlock the boot loader.

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
They will always find a way to root a build where they patch certain security flaws new ones open up or we notice a new security crack

This Thread Has Been Thunder Struck By WoZzYs ThunderBolt

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I also find this hard to believe due to the fact that the first gb build was leaked an rooted the same day

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
They will always find a way to root a build where they patch certain security flaws new ones open up or we notice a new security crack

Well that's a given, just a delay tactic really.

yeah agreed i believe gingerbread as flaws in the build anyway from google that HTC nor verizon can fix I mean google fixed a lot of security flaws with gingerbread but that's why they have ginger break out now to root some of the current HTC phones out I guess i have to wait to gingerbread comes out anyway to root I can not get the thunderbolt rooted after the MR2 update I unrooted bc I thought gingerbread was dropping the 1st so I unrooted yeah it did not drop the 1st but what ever i can wait I just bought a extended battery for it i am getting 28 hours with it with practically everything on an also full blur since I am not rooted

Reaction score
Would not be hard to root gingerbread people...just flash a full RUU radio to get you back down to MR1..then use a previous root method and flash the MR2 radio when done and your on rooted GB WITH A ROM OF COURSE, I don't think they will lock the bootloader down.

kparks

Reaction score
Mine says no new update available and I doubt it.. it will be a couple weeks before we get another update.