still haven't gotten the Gingerbread update

nacho220

Reaction score
Hello again all... posted a number of recent issues today and this being my third one. A friend of mine received the Gingerbread update for their Droid X at the beginning of June as it was rolled out. I still haven't gotten mine yet. Whenever I check for updates it just keeps spinning "checking for updates". Not that this matters, but I got the Droid X the day it came out and my friend got theirs at the beginning of this year. Just pointing that out cause it just makes it all the more strange to me (again, though I know it would have nothing to do with it). Anyways...I called Verizon about mid-June and said I never got it yet. Verizon told me it is rolled out to certain areas then to another area, then another, etc. He said I won't be able to miss the update it will pop right up there and there it updates. I told him that my friend is in the same area as me...lives 10 minutes away! He still seemed to think it was a different "area" though. He said it would be soon. Now July 11th and still no update. I think it is kind of strange and the information I read about the Gingerbread update didn't indicate it could take months to get the update. Then again it didn't say it wouldn't. So I'm just not sure...turning to the good folks here to help with some feedback. I guess my next step would be to call Motorola? I'm not rooted or anything either and had no problem with prior updates.

Thanks in advance for any help!

OP
nacho220

nacho220

Reaction score
Update: I called Verizon again about it and they again told me to wait, it will show up when its ready. I then called Motorola and they went through something for me and then told me to do some minor power on power off stuff to my phone, recheck the system update thing, wait around for a while and then I don't know if they sent it to me or what, but there it was.. So I got the Gingerbread update now.

I guess if anyone else has the same issue I suggest contacting Motorola ;-)
ha!

Thanks!

steel worker

Reaction score
I took my phone to bestbuy and they updated it for me. No one clue why i could not do it myself.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums