Wonder why i cant check for system updates gingerbread goign to drop soon ?????

MrKleen

Reaction score
They will always find a way to root a build where they patch certain security flaws new ones open up or we notice a new security crack

This Thread Has Been Thunder Struck By WoZzYs ThunderBolt

Well that's a given, just a delay tactic really.

yeah agreed i believe gingerbread as flaws in the build anyway from google that HTC nor verizon can fix I mean google fixed a lot of security flaws with gingerbread but that's why they have ginger break out now to root some of the current HTC phones out I guess i have to wait to gingerbread comes out anyway to root I can not get the thunderbolt rooted after the MR2 update I unrooted bc I thought gingerbread was dropping the 1st so I unrooted yeah it did not drop the 1st but what ever i can wait I just bought a extended battery for it i am getting 28 hours with it with practically everything on an also full blur since I am not rooted

You seem to be very confused. You can still root with ease after the last update by following the simple instructions. Maybe you can't root your Thunderbolt because you have "full blur" running on your phone. :) P.S. You need to downgrade then follow the old instructions.

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Well that's a given, just a delay tactic really.

yeah agreed i believe gingerbread as flaws in the build anyway from google that HTC nor verizon can fix I mean google fixed a lot of security flaws with gingerbread but that's why they have ginger break out now to root some of the current HTC phones out I guess i have to wait to gingerbread comes out anyway to root I can not get the thunderbolt rooted after the MR2 update I unrooted bc I thought gingerbread was dropping the 1st so I unrooted yeah it did not drop the 1st but what ever i can wait I just bought a extended battery for it i am getting 28 hours with it with practically everything on an also full blur since I am not rooted

You seem to be very confused. You can still root with ease after the last update by following the simple instructions. Maybe you can't root your Thunderbolt because you have "full blur" running on your phone. :) P.S. You need to downgrade then follow the old instructions.

yeah every time i try man it keeps saying i am not allowed that I have tried multiple PGM05 zip files every one says failed/error flashing image & all the PGM05' are all MR1 images

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
You have full blur on a Thunderbolt? :r_c:

There won't be any GB update for a while.

MrKleen

Reaction score
That's very strange that you can't revert your radio.

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
That's very strange that you can't revert your radio.

I am thinking the mr2 patched the downgrade method but maybe not i just restored my HP a few hours ago I will try to do ADB again I will report back no big deal either way i am averaging 27 hours battery time moderate to heavy usage with extended battery with stock i was averaging 14 hours light use so really no big deal & I average 15 hours when i travel to a 4g area with moderate to heavy use

SquintyOS

Reaction score
I got the 'Service Unavailable' message as well, confirming this topic post for myself. hope to see the ThunderBolt's Gingerbread update coming to our phones soon. It'd be a good late birthday present from VZW. dancedroid

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i got the 'service unavailable' message as well, confirming this topic post for myself. Hope to see the thunderbolt's gingerbread update coming to our phones soon. It'd be a good late birthday present from vzw. Dancedroid

agreed it would be about time the thunderbolt should have been launched with the t_bolt in the first place