Check for system update- "Motorola account required"

Droidalicious88

Reaction score
Can anyone help me?With gingerbread coming very soon to the D2G I wanted in on the OTA... I was rooted and on fission and sbf'ed back to stock.After sbfing, I rooted again with z4 root just to get my data back from Titanium. So I unrooted and restarted it and now when i check for updates it says ""Motorola account required" - "Sytem update" is not available without a Motorola service account. Would you like to setup an account now?"..then you can click Setup or cancel..all setup does is bring you into the list of accounts like facebook, google, twitter, etc.... Has anyone ever seen this? I called Motorola and they were lost..Please tell me someone on here has dealt with this before... Thanks in advance and sorry for such a long post.

Bense

Reaction score
You, along with everyone else are just gonna have to be patient :)

OP
D

Droidalicious88

Reaction score
Its not about being patient.I'm trying to be prepared and obviously this message I keep getting isn't right...anyone?

OP
D

Droidalicious88

Reaction score
Considering I already did restore all, what should I do? Hopefully not sbf again...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Bense

Reaction score
"I made a mess, then I cleaned it up. I am trying to be prepared for guests coming over tonight, so I made a partial mess. How can I clean it up without having to clean it up?"

OP
D

Droidalicious88

Reaction score
Kind of a long story but no I do not..am I able to undo the restore somehow?

OP
D

Droidalicious88

Reaction score
Bense, are you bored or something? If you have some knowledge about this spread it. If not then bring your nonsense elsewhere..I came here for help not for a smart ass

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Boot into recovery (hold x while booting then hit the search button on the keyboard when it gets to the android with triangle behind it) and wipe data/factory reset.

You'll have to reroot, reinstall apps, and then unroot again but itll be fixed atleast.

sid_wisc

Reaction score
Can anyone help me?With gingerbread coming very soon to the D2G I wanted in on the OTA... I was rooted and on fission and sbf'ed back to stock.After sbfing, I rooted again with z4 root just to get my data back from Titanium. So I unrooted and restarted it and now when i check for updates it says ""Motorola account required" - "Sytem update" is not available without a Motorola service account. Would you like to setup an account now?"..then you can click Setup or cancel..all setup does is bring you into the list of accounts like facebook, google, twitter, etc.... Has anyone ever seen this? I called Motorola and they were lost..Please tell me someone on here has dealt with this before... Thanks in advance and sorry for such a long post.

How can this happen..... All these people are here smarter than me and no one seem to answer a simple question.... Dear Droidalicious88, you just have to sign up with one of the accounts (FB, google, twitter etc.) when you reach the screen to set up. All it does is to autheniticate you to the moto system. If you are still having issue just go ahead and reset the device and then go to the setup page and login using facebook (for example) and then you should be good to go.... NO NEED TO WORRY.. N'joy....

Reaction score
Usually when that happens that means you have to sign into your google account. So just select the google icon from the lost and sign into your gmail.

dja328

Reaction score
this is exactly what happened to me after sbfing. I think this happens when you root (z4root)without having USB debugging turned on (I didn't). I flashed a nandroid to solve the problem. then re-sbf'd and re-rooted

Last edited: