With all the issues the Galaxy Nexus is having, why is it being proclaimed the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pool_shark

Reaction score
You're using an alternate ROM.
It is completely unfair for you to claim there are NO problems with the Nexus when you are not using the Nexus as it was created.

When someone buys it, and turns it on they won't have the ROM you're using, so their device will not behave the same way as yours.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is completely unfair for you to claim there are NO problems with the Nexus when you are not using the Nexus as it was created.

When someone buys it, and turns it on they won't have the ROM you're using, so their device will not behave the same way as yours.

Wow, don't cry about it. I'm using a custom rom to enhance an already great phone. I had zero issues before I flashed a custom rom. Sounds like you have a dud, take it back and get a replacement.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Wow, don't cry about it. I'm using a custom rom to enhance an already great phone. I had zero issues before I flashed a custom rom. Sounds like you have a dud, take it back and get a replacement.

I am far from crying about it and I don't appreciate your condescending and extremely immature remark.

Had you tried what I asked you to do prior to changing your ROM?
If not you can't claim the problem didn't exist.
It's a javascript problem, it is not just my phone. The proof of that are the many javascript bug reports submitted to google.

ænyoc

Reaction score

something that ANYBODY who buys this phone can do. Also, he said stock browser. The custom ROMs are mostly themes, some CPU tweaks, and changing things like the power menu and adding the power widget to the pull down bar, etc... I guarantee nobody has done anything with the JavaScript engine.

Survivor of the Great 2011 Verizon Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Debacle and proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus and Original Droid 1/Milestone. Sent from my Sexy Lexus Galaxy Nexus.

pool_shark

Reaction score
something that ANYBODY who buys this phone can do. Also, he said stock browser. The custom ROMs are mostly themes, some CPU tweaks, and changing things like the power menu and adding the power widget to the pull down bar, etc... I guarantee nobody has done anything with the JavaScript engine.

Survivor of the Great 2011 Verizon Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Debacle and proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus and Original Droid 1/Milestone. Sent from my Sexy Lexus Galaxy Nexus.

I love it when people place a guarantee on something they cannot prove.

Whether or not people can change ROMs is irrelevant. Not everyone plans on doing that and it should not be necessary in order to have a phone work correctly.

ænyoc

Reaction score
I am far from crying about it and I don't appreciate your condescending and extremely immature remark.

If not you can't claim the problem didn't exist.
It's a javascript problem, it is not just my phone. The proof of that are the many javascript bug reports submitted to google.

Bug reports are filed so bugs can be fixed. Good news is, this bug will be fixed faster for the nexus than it would on any other phone. AND, this phone will have support longer than the other phones in the market. When ICS is released for the RAZR, I guarantee there will be problems, but instead of the ~1 month wait for an update like it is in the GNex, you'll be waiting 3+ months... if Motorola ven decides they are still supporting updates for the RAZR. Keep in mind, droid3 hasn't been out 6months and its already on the discontinue list because they have the droid4 coming out sometime this year.

Snow02

Reaction score
Background works on another 4.0.3 build too. Basically unmodified aosp. Maybe 4.0.2 has an issue? :shrug:

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

As a matter of fact, yes I did do this before I flashed my first rom. Like I said before, I had zero issues with this phone before I installed my first rom. Browser, battery and radios were all perfect. I think the people having major issues might have defective hardware. If it was me, I'd exchange the phone, instead of writing it off.

ænyoc

Reaction score

Whether or not people can change ROMs is irrelevant. Not everyone plans on doing that and it should not be necessary in order to have a phone work correctly.

Go get the source and prove me wrong. Burden of proof is on the accuser here in the good ole USA.

If you want a phone that works perfectly where you don't have the option to change anything, go get a windows...err...blackberry...err...iphone...err...what was that perfect phone that was released with absolutely no issues? Oh yeah... it doesn't exist. At least with this phone, if something is wrong, you can fix it. You obviously don't like the GNex, so why are you in the GNex forum?

Snow02

Reaction score
The ONLY issue I've had with the browser is clicking links on this site via tapatalk. Their viglink (affiliate $) links just freeze up.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score

The phones only been out a few weeks and its running a brand new OS. If you were expecting anything less than a dew bugs here and there than you were surely under the wrong impression. Every time Google comes out with a new OS, there are bugs, BUT give them more than a couple weeks and I'm sure they will address it in an update.

Just imagine how long you'd be waiting for moto or HTC to come out with an update if they were first with ICS.

Sure there are some quirks here and there, but the overall experience of the phone is awesome.

And like I said, if you root, you don't have to wait for Verizon/Google for a bug fix.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Zero issues here. Battery life should be better though given it has the largest battery. Wouldn't trade this phone for anything.

It also has the biggest screen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

ænyoc

Reaction score

According to your profile, you have a rooted galaxy nexus... You're not stock either, how do we know you didn't mess it up yourself?

duyna

Reaction score
I am extremely happy with my nexus, by far the best android device I ever owned. Since I got it, I was able to fix the signal issue, volume problems, and now can sync all my fb contacts. Along the way also improved my battery life. All from the community, great job to all the developers that made it possible for this. The ability to tweak and modify this phone has made it better and all it can do now is get better and improve. Can iPhone do this? Lol we are first to have an official ics on our phones. Oh do I love this phone alot

Axiom 2.3 powered apex oc kernel 1.4 G-Nex a great combination

pool_shark

Reaction score
Such narrow vision.
No one is saying it should be perfect. No one is saying bugs shouldn't exist. We're saying there are problems and bugs but people like you are ignoring them claiming the phone to be perfect.

I have proof that the nexus uas javascript problems out of the box. Apparently those problems are fixed in alternate ROMs.
Therefore since you made the claim that no one fixed javascript in alternate ROMs but the problems there don't exist, the burden of proof is on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.