wireless difficulties

Montavius

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid 2 Global
My rooted D2G suddenly stopped working with my home wireless network. It would log in briefly then disconnect. I cleared the cache, turned it off and removed the battery, "forgot" the network and re-entered the parameters and password, anything I could think of. I also reset the router. Nothing helped. And the laptop has connected flawlessly throughout the whole process.

The phone does work with other wireless networks. I read on a Motorola forum that the D2G works only with g systems. It will not work with n systems. My router is a Netgear WNR2000 Wireless N Router. There is no capability that I can see to switch it to g. So I have a couple questions.

What can I do, if anything, with the existing router or phone to make it work? And why did the D2G work previously and suddenly stop?

Yes, I've searched and read all the previous forum posts. Thank you for your insight.

Rooted D2G running the latest update. Some bloatware has been frozen with Titanium Backup but nothing I can tell that is related to wireless access.

Last edited:
OP
M

Montavius

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid 2 Global
It appears the NetGear router was no long operating with the g protocol. An hour and a half was spent on the phone with their support staff trying to obtain an RMA under their lifetime warranty. The technicians and even a manager were unconvinced of the malfunction, assured me the router was not faulty, and refused the RMA request. The next day I purchased a Cicso Linksys E3200. It works fine.