Wireless connection unsuccessful

dalongi

Reaction score
I cannot get my droid to recongize my Netgear wireless router. My laptop and printer work fine on it. How can I get the phone to access my wireless network at home?

Reaction score
I gotta bump this because I'm having the exact same problem. I have a netgear router too, and everything connects fine to it. my droid also connects fine to my neighbor's much slower unprotected network, just not to my own.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
First off, take off any security you have running on it, then reboot the router.

Ensure you are not running "N" only connections, but place it into mixed mode (G and N, depending on model).

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Check this setting:

Tap menu, tap, settings, tap Location & security, check Use Wireless networks.

Mike

Reaction score
I put in my password. it doesn't work. It is unsuccessful in obtaining the IP address.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
That is strange that you can connect to a neighbors unsecured and not your own. Are you positive that the password is correct?

Mike

Reaction score
yeah, becase when a passwrod is wrong it tells you. i actually connect to my router. justwon't tak the ip address. typing bad becasue a baby is on mu lap

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only other suggestion I have is to delete your router from the phone and re add.
I was away for Easter and used my son's wifi. I just activated my wifi and needed to reenter my password. I noted that it acquired my address which I'm guessing is the IP for the router

Mike

Grite99

Reaction score
Wifi connection unsuccessful

I had the same problem and found the solution. Go to settings>Wireless&networks>wi-fi settings then tap the menu icon on the phone and tap 'advanced'. Then UNCHECK 'use static IP'.
Go back and try connecting again. It worked for me!!dancedroid

Reaction score
I had the same problem and found the solution. Go to settings>Wireless&networks>wi-fi settings then tap the menu icon on the phone and tap 'advanced'. Then UNCHECK 'use static IP'.
Go back and try connecting again. It worked for me!!dancedroid
this is happening again and this isn't fixing it.