Wireless charging

k1601

Reaction score
I've been looking at getting a wireless charger for my turbo, and have run across several issues with wireless charging on this phone. Have these been resolved? If so, what chargers do you guys use?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Tylt vu works great.
I agree the tylt works great..but wireless charging pre Kitkat ..seemed not to fully charged the turbo..this is probably resolved..

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I agree the tylt works great..but wireless charging pre Kitkat ..seemed not to fully charged the turbo..this is probably resolved..
Pre-kitkat? It came stock with 4.4.4.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Pre-kitkat? It came stock with 4.4.4.
Long day..obviously I meant lollipop, the turbo was released with Kitkat....

Some turbos experienced an issue where they wouldn't completely charge via qi charging...they'd show full charge...but would quickly drop...where as when plugged into a charger they wouldn't drop as fast...

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Gotcha. I'm not aware of that issue and haven't seen it happen with my tylt.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Mine would drop to 75% just checking news before I left in the morning when qi charged.. But if I plugged it in .it would be at 85% on average... Not a scientific way of comparing...but it sure seemed like it wasn't quite there...I'm charging on my tylt charger now...see if its changed...for me...

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I recommend to get a Qi "certified" charging pad. It is a way to make sure you will have full compatibility. There is a lot of stuff out there which is "compliant" or "compatible" but not certified. With those it can be hit or miss.

If a pad is certified it is usually mentioned and they have the official Qi logo.

OP
K

k1601

Reaction score
Good information guys, thanks.

R

RETG

I use a CHOE Stadium Qi with no problems, even with a Otterbox case on the turbo. But don't use it often, maybe once every other week.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
No idea why people pay so much for the Tylt. I almost did, too, and then came to my senses and got this:

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-3-Co...1442411429&sr=8-38&keywords=wireless+charging

Works flawlessly.

I wouldn't pay anything extra for a QI CERTIFIED device either.

Also never had one issue on KK.

This is actually a well specified charging pad. The specs even include the estimated efficiency. There are certainly well designed pads that are NOT certified, this appears to be one of them.

Good to know :).