Turbo 2 wireless charging

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've heard of faster wireless charging...but I believe the device has to be capable.. It's just like hooking up a quick charge 3.0 charger to a friend vice that doesn't support it..it will just charge at a normal rate..

So the turbo 2 supports quick charge 3.0 when plugged in to the supplied charger..but only supports regular qi charging on a qi wireless charger...I've heard there are some devices in the pipe that will charge faster when wirelessly charging..but i don't think they're released yet..

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
I believe that the Turbo 2 also supports Powermat wireless charging, but not sure if it is any faster than Qi charging.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yes that's true..I forgot..but idk if its faster than qi..

lsheldon

Reaction score
Powermat is qi charging.

That is incorrect. Qi and PMA (Powermat) are competing standards for inductive charging.

Retail Powermat products are sold globally under the brand Duracell Powermat under license from Powermat Technologies Ltd. who developed the technology. The companies technology has been adopted by the Power Matters Alliance (PMA) as its official standard. Qi is a competing standard to Powermat, and is the standard developed by the Wireless Power Consortium.

PMA has been adopted by Duracell, GM, Starbucks, and AT&T. Qi has been adopted by the majority of the smartphone manufacturers including Asus, HTC, LG, Motorola, Nokia, Samsung, Blackberry, and Sony.

One significant difference in the PMA (Powermat) standard is that it transfers both power and data over the coils so that it can recognize unique users and communicate with their devices, which I am sure is why Starbucks and GM have adopted it.

The Droid Turbo 2 supports both the PMA and Qi inductive charging standards.

lsheldon

Reaction score
PMA has been adopted by.... Starbucks?!?! Huh?!?

This is old news from November 2014...

Starbucks today unveiled Powermat wireless charging in approximately 200 of its stores in the San Francisco Bay Area. This launch is the first step in Starbucks strategic plan to offer Powermat throughout its U.S. locations, and to explore rollouts in Europe and Asia within the year.

Starbucks Begins National Roll-Out of Powermat Wireless Charging in San Francisco

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
:rolleyes:

“The availability of Powermat Spots in Starbucks is transformative for San Francisco Bay residents who no longer have to worry about making it through their day with limited battery power,” said Ran Poliakine, CEO of Powermat Technologies. “They know that the nearest charge is only as far away as the nearest Starbucks.”

Transformative??? Really??

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
:rolleyes:

“The availability of Powermat Spots in Starbucks is transformative for San Francisco Bay residents who no longer have to worry about making it through their day with limited battery power,” said Ran Poliakine, CEO of Powermat Technologies. “They know that the nearest charge is only as far away as the nearest Starbucks.”

Transformative??? Really??
I guess it could be. If you're one of those people who live their lives 6$ cups of coffee at a shot..