Noise when wireless charging?

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I just got a Qi-infinity wireless charging dock from Amazon and it appears to work with my Turbo. However, I hear a faint repetitive chirping sound if I'm close to the charger. Does anyone else have this charger and hear this sound or even hear sound from another charger? Thanks.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I have Keedox QI charger & droid turbo
I also noticed the chirping sound when I set my phone on it to charge. Very faint and have to get your ear close. I was concerned I would hear it at night next to my bed.
I never npticed it after the initial time and forgot about it until I saw your post.
I think it is a noise emitted as part of the inductive charging.

OP
G

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I have Keedox QI charger & droid turbo
I also noticed the chirping sound when I set my phone on it to charge. Very faint and have to get your ear close. I was concerned I would hear it at night next to my bed.
I never npticed it after the initial time and forgot about it until I saw your post.
I think it is a noise emitted as part of the inductive charging.

Thanks. I think you and I have the same dock, just different brands stamped on it. As long as it works and nothing is getting damaged, then I'm good. Glad it's not just me.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Been using mine for a week. No issues.

OP
G

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Ok, so the noise is bothering me more than I thought it would. It's not loud, but I hear it a bit at night when trying to sleep on my side looking at the dock/phone. Does anyone else have another wireless charging dock that is quiet? I've seen the Verizon one and that looks ok. I'm not of a fan of the Tylt one, too big. Thanks.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My ghost doesn't make any noise.. Nor does my tylt.. But at night I sleep with a box fan running at full blast.. Cause if I hear a cricket fart.. I'm up all night. Lol

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I wonder if mine don't make noise because I have an otterbox defender on them??? I might have to remove the case and see...

OP
G

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Yeah, could be the case. Report back and also note if you're using the charger that came withb phone.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Mine doesn't do it.. I've had it on charge on my tylt, without the case.. I don't hear anything... But with the blaring TV in the living room and my son with his friends... It's not a shock.. I'll report back later.. When it quiets down or I hurt some people lol.. Jk