Nighttime wireless charging and clock issues

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I use a wireless charging dock at night and my Turbo becomes a clock. I use an app like Tasker called Profile Scheduler to trigger my phone to be silent and open Dock Clock app when charging at night. All works well except that the wireless charger automatically turns off when done charging and the Clock closes along with the notifications no longer being silent. The phone then cycles in and out of charging all night, which opens and closes the clock repeatedly. Has anyone figured out how to prevent this? I know I could just set quiet hours, but I don't go to bed at the same time everyday. Any thoughts?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Unfortunately there is no way that I'm aware of to stop the charger from cycling. That's a function of the charging circuit and it watches the battery's voltages. When the battery dips to 90%, the charging circuit comes back poon and tops it off to 100% again and then goes back to rest. There really isn't any solution that u can see for your particular situation.

OP
G

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Thanks Fox. Does anyone use their Turbo as an alarm clock and use wireless charging? Just me?

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Thanks Fox. Does anyone use their Turbo as an alarm clock and use wireless charging? Just me?
Yes and I just put it in dock mode manually instead of the power triggering it. Than it doesn't go on and off.

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
I experienced something really strange thing , I left my DROID turbo on the charger before going to sleep then I awoke to a completely dead phone that would not turn on or respond. I then tried to use a different charger from a blackberry and it started to charge from zero.

OP
G

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Yes and I just put it in dock mode manually instead of the power triggering it. Than it doesn't go on and off.

Bummer, that's where I might be headed. I'm toying with Tasker right now to see if I can keep the phone in a Profile unless it's been unplugged for 30 seconds. If that doesn't work, it's either manual dock mode enabling or a micro USB dock for me. I need to go find some Tasker experts to figure out a good IF statement...

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Bummer, that's where I might be headed. I'm toying with Tasker right now to see if I can keep the phone in a Profile unless it's been unplugged for 30 seconds. If that doesn't work, it's either manual dock mode enabling or a micro USB dock for me. I need to go find some Tasker experts to figure out a good IF statement...
I haven't had a chance to explore other options like tasker yet.
Post back if you come up with something.

OP
G

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I haven't had a chance to explore other options like tasker yet.
Post back if you come up with something.

Will do. I'm also looking at NFC tags to see if that'll work.