Windows Phone 7 Theme Makes It To Android

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
attachment.php

I don’t know about you, but personally I have been watching Windows Phone 7 development closely (you can even say I own a device). Interestingly, it seems there are also some other Android users out there interested in the visual aspects of WP7 and here is where we get this new theme. Developed over at XDA, this theme bring you most of the look Windows Phone 7 has to offer and a bit of the feel, for those interested in the whole thing. The theme gives you

Android Technical just published "Windows Phone Android", a windows phone metro UI launcher for android. The lite version is now in the Android Market.
Lite version include:
Pin to front page tiles
remove from front page
uninstall apps
dark and lite themes
4 accent colors (Blue, Green, Red and Orange)
limited messages (on message area at the top of the screen)
status bar with mobile signal, wifi, bluetooth, battery status etc.
informational tiles, animated screens, status messages and other features will be included in the regular versions.
At the end of the day, if you really want a Windows Phone, you should go get one. You can get one here from Microsoft.
Side Note: You may choose not to install it as a launcher (choose default home as launcher) and the application will act in standalone manner.

Follow link to try it:XDA

Last edited:

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So much is happening this weekend I think my head is going to explode!!! I never thought I'd be saying hold on while I flash back from gingerbread to try a win 7 phone theme on my OG Droid!!! What a phone!!! NOTHING has been able to stop us yet.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A link to the page a XDA would be sweet for future readers I'll head over there now to check it out.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry didn't see it, its kinda small in the corner there.

OP
W

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just for anyone as crazy as I am about trying new things....It works flawlessly on the original Droid running the latest unstable gingerbread release I could find. USB isn't recognized so you have to boot to recovery and mount usb mass storage and put it on the sd card, then boot and go to astro and install and your done.

Redalert

Reaction score
Lol I feel the same way about me d2... me and my machine will never be stopped....

So much is happening this weekend I think my head is going to explode!!! I never thought I'd be saying hold on while I flash back from gingerbread to try a win 7 phone theme on my OG Droid!!! What a phone!!! NOTHING has been able to stop us yet.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

captclueless

Reaction score
downloaded the lite version from the market on my D1 and had the same issue that multiple people who commented did. I got nothing but a black screen when it launched.

HarshReality

Reaction score
While I am all for themes it never ceases to amaze me how that when developing an alternate platform somebody always seeks to make it look like 'the other guy' in some way or form be it icons color scheme or even name.

IMO Android is ANDROID. There are so many themes that speak out in terms of originality and creativity that just about anything 'similar' seems almost pointless.

Of course part of the open platform is choice. If such a thing is your cup of tea them by all means go for it I wont be however. Its far easier to display androids capabilities and the creativity of ROM designers with original work. I hear enough of 'Iphone can' or 'blackberry can' without tolerating a voice going 'why are those windows icons there then?'
Just my 2 cents

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
While I am all for themes it never ceases to amaze me how that when developing an alternate platform somebody always seeks to make it look like 'the other guy' in some way or form be it icons color scheme or even name.

IMO Android is ANDROID. There are so many themes that speak out in terms of originality and creativity that just about anything 'similar' seems almost pointless.

Of course part of the open platform is choice. If such a thing is your cup of tea them by all means go for it I wont be however. Its far easier to display androids capabilities and the creativity of ROM designers with original work. I hear enough of 'Iphone can' or 'blackberry can' without tolerating a voice going 'why are those windows icons there then?'
Just my 2 cents

I agree with you 100%.