EWWWWW!!! Windows XP Launcher for Android devices

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lp_lxTOTXy5UKonPy9g3NFw7rbxt37A2e0AHSmx64ky8lleJhkquCyaIs3Fuj5-VzA

EWWW a Windows XP launcher for Android. Yes I just said a Windows XP Launcher for Android. You can thank Team.Fluxion for this! Most of us Android folk are familiar with the Windows operating system considering that if we were Apple disciples who owned Mac then we would have just went with an Iphone. You can have that same desktop experience that you have come to know from Windows directly on your smart phone. For some of you this will be an outstanding plus. If you are like me then you love the sleekness and simplicity of Android and this Launcher may look and feel archaic at best. This launcher allows you to explore your files system and open different file formats using default programs as assigned by your device. It also provides common file system operations like copy, paste, cut and delete. To exit go to Start Menu> Shut down. While this may provide for a reminiscent experience for some it is just plain interesting for the rest of us. If this isn't enough XP'ness for you the guys who developed this have also come up with a Windows XP boot animation as well. Follow the credit link below for more info and download links if you must!

Via XDA

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I gotta say though, I love that you have the option to do this on android, I mean.... it's epic even if I'd never use it

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
I think window xp wasnt bad os just that the hardware wasnt great until 2004 or 2005 . Same year Window vista came out in late 2005 offtopic. But I do like the work they did to this launcher.

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
OMG, I laughed so hard. First the "boot screen", then the Windows Startup sound...Hilarious. Every time I tried a different feature I laughed again! Even when I hit the Power button to shut the screen off, the Windows sound played again! A total roar! :rofl3:

Of course, it's in Landscape only and at such a high resolution it's too small to use effectively, but it's great for the simple comedy of it.

Last edited:

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
dancedroid

OMG, I laughed so hard. First the "boot screen", then the Windows Startup sound...Hilarious. Every time I tried a different feature I laughed again! Even when I hit the Power button to shut the screen off, the Windows sound played again! A total roar! :rofl3:

Of course, it's in Landscape only and at such a high resolution it's too small to use effectively, but it's great for the simple comedy of it.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i think this is great its amazing what these devs can do .. i downloaded and played with it for a bit ..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I'd love to see this full-blown and fully functional in Portrait mode and at a screen resolution that would actually be usable! I'd consider keeping it as a dual-boot homescreen! Who knows, I might just forget I'm not on my desktop PC!! :biggrin:

jaybogg

Reaction score
My mom and dad are 79 and 89 respectively. Dad knows how to turn on his computer, read all his e-mails, play music, look at jpg's, and that's about it. Mom has some understanding of Windows OS, but we see her losing her skills over the last few years. They have a basic flip phone but really don't understand any of it's features other than how to answer and hang up. I could see how a windows appearing app would be beneficial to those that are unwilling or incapable of learning another UI. Heck, sometimes I feel overwhelmed with the capabilities of my razr!!LOL If it were powerful enough, it might be what I need too!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
My mom and dad are 79 and 89 respectively. Dad knows how to turn on his computer, read all his e-mails, play music, look at jpg's, and that's about it. Mom has some understanding of Windows OS, but we see her losing her skills over the last few years. They have a basic flip phone but really don't understand any of it's features other than how to answer and hang up. I could see how a windows appearing app would be beneficial to those that are unwilling or incapable of learning another UI. Heck, sometimes I feel overwhelmed with the capabilities of my razr!!LOL If it were powerful enough, it might be what I need too!

There's a lot to be said for something feeling "familiar". I could have a lot of fun with a full-blown Windows XP launcher overlay. I'll be watching this one. Seems the Dev is willing to take suggestions and there have already been some good ones. See here...[APP][Team.Fluxion]XP Mod Launcher (beta) [WinXP Launcher for Android] - xda-developers for the thread at XDA.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
This is amazing!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

jaybogg

Reaction score
I downloaded it for grins and that's what I got! Yes, too small for anything but novelty (these old eyes couldn't read anything, navigated through familiarity w/ windows). I could guess it would actually be useful/functional on a tablet. Heck, If it had 2 finger screen zoom, it would be fine on a smartphone. Caught myself several times trying to zoom the screen!!LOL Still a fun app with potential if the devs make a few tweaks IMO.