Will Verizon accept my Droid Razr Maxx back?

droidrazrmaxxx

Reaction score
My Droid Razr Maxx had stopped functioning and was stuck in a boot loop. I tried connecting it to the computer and doing a fastboot but all that resulted in was a black screen saying flash failure. I asked for a replacement which has come in, but now I am wondering whether they will accept the phone back or make me pay, saying I tampered with the software or something. If this is going to be an issue, how can I fix the phone and get it out of flash failure?

My Droid Razr Maxx had the most current operating system.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I wouldn't worry about it. I have not yet heard of a phone replacement being charged for sending back a rooted, or failed flashed phone. Still, if you wish you could download RSDLite and try flashing with that instead.

OP
D

droidrazrmaxxx

Reaction score
RSD Lite is what I had tried the first time which led to the flash failure screen coming up. I probably just did something wrong...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
OK, then your other option is the Droid RAZR Utility, but again you have to be able to get to the Fastboot menu to use it. I would try if it were me, but again it may be a complete waste of time. They really don't have the resources to check every phone that comes in for root and ROMs. They put them onto a flashing station en masse, and fire it up. I don't even think it's Verizon's or Motorola's staff that's doing this but instead it's likely an outside service provider that handles the refurbishing of these phones.

OP
D

droidrazrmaxxx

Reaction score
I see. Thank you for your answers! If I need anything else I will be sure to ask.